i have a great machine>>>but i dont know how to make right configuration
1- that would be perfect !!!
you need to put the power plan to high performance and if you didnt disable it in the BIOS it should work
2- Sandy Bridge is a CPU Wink
3- no one can reach this clock this is made by very much skilled OCers it is impossible to you to reach that clock
Edit : read this guide it should give you a big boost http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-i7-720qm-...-quad-core

Sponsored links

I, personally, would hesitate before following that "guide"...

At least verify that you're not getting your appropriate boost in the first place.
If you're not, consider disabling cores as a last ditch effort. After all, it's not like every user with that CPU has trouble getting their boost. One of our members (Xellon) has said they have ZERO trouble recieving the boost.
isn't the windows will share the load ( what happens when you have a quad CPU ) making it not the maximum load of the 2 cores which make turbo boost active
I believe at this point, 7'jiggahertz" =/= Renting actors to play out a scenario in God of War.
[Image: 2555882.png]
or buy an PS3 and the HD version of it Smile
(08-09-2011, 10:59 PM)Rezard Wrote: That 2.93Ghz boost is only for a single-threaded application (not PCSX2). You will never get that boost for this, but you may still reach that 2.53Ghz I mentioned before.

No, you can not upgrade your laptop CPU to a different architecture.

No, there wll be no "7Ghz CPU" in a laptop. Those processors reaching those heights are in desktops, with very fancy cooling and what have you. If you have tons of money to work with, there would be a chance. Likewise, it may be cheaper just to pay some actors to dress-up and act out your favorite game...

thxs a lot man
-it may be cheaper just to pay some actors to dress-up and act out your favorite game...-
hahahaha , i think i'll need your help in doing that ....... you could play undertaker and i'll play stone cold steve austin Smile
(08-10-2011, 12:53 AM)abdo123 Wrote: or buy an PS3 and the HD version of it Smile

that's exactly what um gonna do next year when i get some good money
i already have a ps2 ..... but u know it became so old , and it causes me some embarrassment when i get to play on it with my cousins Sad
by the way: >>>> does the real ps3 have better graphics and more game play features than ps2 or pcsx2 emulator?
anyway, i think it would be better than that 1200$ piece of garbage that i already have Sad Sad
(08-09-2011, 10:59 PM)Rezard Wrote: No, there wll be no "7Ghz CPU" in a laptop. Those processors reaching those heights are in desktops, with very fancy cooling and what have you. If you have tons of money to work with, there would be a chance. Likewise, it may be cheaper just to pay some actors to dress-up and act out your favorite game...

I read that the performance gain, say from 5 Ghz to 7 Ghz is not that great in real performance applications.

trying to reach that frequency and performing daily tasks with that frequency are two separate things
(08-10-2011, 09:21 PM)petran79 Wrote: I read that the performance gain, say from 5 Ghz to 7 Ghz is not that great in real performance applications.

trying to reach that frequency and performing daily tasks with that frequency are two separate things

yeh a 2GHz increase wont affect performance at all Tongue

"Daily tasks" would typically be bottlenecked elsewhere.