i have a problem with a generic controller
Now, i got this generic controllers when i upgraded my rig. it was the best i could find here in Gaza. i asked about them and people told me they are exact replica of the PS2 controller.

i tried both lilpad and the other one, and they both are unableto detect the analog button. also, with lilypad, i assigned the start and select buttons, but when i start FF X, i keep pressing start/select buttons on the new game option but nothing happens.

i dont have any experience with controllers whatsoever. so what is exactly going on here?

Sponsored links

You need to press the "X" button not the start or select ones, also if it's a replica you might need to turn on the analog function. You don't seem to know the controller much does it work normally on PC games?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
yes i tried it with Ninja Blade and it worked well.
i also pressed X and it worked, silly noob.

how do i get out of the game anyway? without pressing ESC?
"and they both are unableto detect the analog button" <-- wait what do you mean by this?
nono, i meant i tried the controller with Ninja Blade and it worked well, the analog button and all the buttons.
im really sorry it was newbie question. but since i already posted the topic, how do i quit the game?
Close the emulator window?
and my progress wont be lost?
You can hit esc if you had turned on speed hacks.
Or just alt + tab out and go to the output and click X.

=== EDIT:

You might want to hit your menu/start button in the game and click save unless it auto saves.
Then do what I said above.
ok Thank you all for helping me.
Your welcome though I did no justice Lol.