i need the best settings for Champions of Norrath
hi guys

i need the best settings for Champions of Norrath 2 - RETURN T0 ARMS (PAL) and Champions of Norrath Realms of EverQuest

pcsx2 1.3.1
win 7 64 sp1
amd phenom II x4 965 3.40GHz
amd radeon hd 6870
6gb ddr3 ram

Sponsored links

Your CPU wouldn't cut it. Best to upgrade or play on your PS2.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
thank you "KeyToTruth12"
I'm not sure whether your CPU is capable of playing the following game at fullspeed. but I could still provide better settings if you could provide a screenshot of your PCSX2 settings. and also the content of your emulog.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I have an i5 3570k oc to 3.8ghz since I can not get my motherboard to go any higher no matter what I change in the UEFI/BIOS. With my setup i get dips as far as the teens in FPS so i doubt a beter cpu c08ld get you full fps in these games
(09-15-2015, 06:02 AM)Topken Wrote: I have an i5 3570k oc to 3.8ghz since I can not get my motherboard to go any higher no matter what I change in the UEFI/BIOS. With my setup i get dips as far as the teens in FPS so i doubt a beter cpu c08ld get you full fps in these games

Are you running in hardware or software though?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-15-2015, 06:04 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Are you running in hardware or software though?

OpenGL hardware mode with 8bit textures enabled on the later GIT verios after GSDX got updated to 1.0 and I still see massive FPS drops on my system
The current rendering will never be fast. The slowness is the CPU-GPU memory transfer.
A beefy GPU might help to reduce latency (but don't enable upscaling which increase it).
Sounds like a SW solution is possible or is it an hw limit?
A speed hack Tongue2

Current situation is
CPU send command N => wait => GPU process previous command => wait ... => finally GPU process command N => CPU reads back the framebuffer.

Due to the "read back", you need to serialize the access. In normal situation, you don't need to wait the processing of the command.

Faster hardware will help (PCIe4 + Faster GPU) to reduce the latency of operation, less wait which means more FPS.

Anther solution is possible but more tricky to implement. Baldur Gate (same game engine) re-upload the texture after the read back. So instead of
FrameBuffer => CPU mem => GPU texture
We could do
FrameBuffer => GPU texture (very fast)
=> asynchronously read the texture to the CPU memory. (speed impact depends if you really need the data on the CPU memory)

As a side note potentially we download the full framebuffer whereas it must be possible (with not old HW) to extract only the interesting part. But synchronous GPU => CPU transfers are slow, even on the best machine.