i5-4670K with PCSX2 and Dolphin?
(03-15-2014, 02:14 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: How small are you trying to go? My friend has a DGPU in a mini ITX case.

Mini ITX boards are 17cm² (6.7in²).

minitx is the way im going yes

the enclosure will be this http://www.cclonline.com/product/87398/M...s/CAS0677/

Smile

quite tasty indeed! im excited as we speak Tongue

Sponsored links

You can definitely get a dGPU in that. But if you are against it for some other reason, that's fine.

Depending on the case layout, something like this may fit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814103236

Depending on where hard drive bays are and how creative you are.

Card Dimensions are: Height:2.8" x Length:6.8" x Thickness:1.3"
Convert: 71mm x 172mm x 33mm
Case dimensions: 265mm x 130mm x 270mm (W x H x D)

Need to reorder them to match btw.

That will easily let you hit 3x and above on most games.

Edit: PSU might be an issue though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-15-2014, 02:31 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You can definitely get a dGPU in that. But if you are against it for some other reason, that's fine.

Depending on the case layout, something like this may fit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814103236

Depending on where hard drive bays are and how creative you are.

Card Dimensions are: Height:2.8" x Length:6.8" x Thickness:1.3"
Convert: 71mm x 172mm x 33mm
Case dimensions: 265mm x 130mm x 270mm (W x H x D)

Need to reorder them to match btw.

That will easily let you hit 3x and above on most games.

Edit: PSU might be an issue though.

what is a dgpu? a low profile card?

you mean to say i would be able to fit one of those into the case i want to buy!! would be sweet as!

ah yea the power situation... no idea how id be able to supply more power.. the pico psu's dont go up that much in terms of watts supplied Sad
dgpu = dedicated gpu.

Low profile cards are like half height cards for super small spaces.

There is a good chance you could fit it, but like i said, you need to see inside the case where the hardrive bays are. If they are in the way then you can remove them, possibly relocate them. If they can't be, then you need to know the clearance from expansion bay to the furthest back you can get, whether the bays are there or not. If that's > the card length, it will fit. Like I said the cases overall dimensions are big enough, assuming nothing is in the way.

Anyway that was like the top end low profile i could find. There are some weaker ones that would fit and be okay with your PSU. And still be better than integrated. A Geforce GT620 let me 2x most things and 3x many things. It has much lower power requirements than that 7750.

BTW you know the 4670k has an 84Watt TDP? You are already close to that PSU 120Watt.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-15-2014, 03:29 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: dgpu = dedicated gpu.

Low profile cards are like half height cards for super small spaces.

There is a good chance you could fit it, but like i said, you need to see inside the case where the hardrive bays are. If they are in the way then you can remove them, possibly relocate them. If they can't be, then you need to know the clearance from expansion bay to the furthest back you can get, whether the bays are there or not. If that's > the card length, it will fit. Like I said the cases overall dimensions are big enough, assuming nothing is in the way.

Anyway that was like the top end low profile i could find. There are some weaker ones that would fit and be okay with your PSU. And still be better than integrated. A Geforce GT620 let me 2x most things and 3x many things. It has much lower power requirements than that 7750.

BTW you know the 4670k has an 84Watt TDP? You are already close to that PSU 120Watt.

would it be possible to use a higher watt power brick? is that all i would have to do? or would i have to swap out the internal wiring too? there are laptop power bricks floating around that give 180watts

would this work? would it be enough juice?
TBH I'm not sure. The case says its PSU is external. I'm not familiar at all with external PSUs. I'm sure you can get a higher watt one, and no you shouldn't need to swap any wiring at all. I doubt it's the same as a laptop power brick(but I don't know for sure). But especially if you are ever gonna overclock you will need more than 120W for that 4670k.
(03-15-2014, 03:38 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: TBH I'm not sure. The case says its PSU is external. I'm not familiar at all with external PSUs. I'm sure you can get a higher watt one, and no you shouldn't need to swap any wiring at all. I doubt it's the same as a laptop power brick(but I don't know for sure). But especially if you are ever gonna overclock you will need more than 120W for that 4670k.

Another forum membe here suggested i look at amd

I can understand that the gpu is important in emulating but ive also heard the cpu is the most important component

Would choosing an amd 7850k over an intel i5-4670k be worthwhile? One has a better gpu, the other, cpu.
(03-15-2014, 01:31 PM)pcsx2forums Wrote: Another forum membe here suggested i look at amd

I can understand that the gpu is important in emulating but ive also heard the cpu is the most important component

Would choosing an amd 7850k over an intel i5-4670k be worthwhile? One has a better gpu, the other, cpu.

depends.
Dolphin is more GPu demanding while pcsx2 is more CPu demanding. it's up to you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Remember also that AMD chips are more power hungry for a given performance level. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a difference, but in a tiny build, the extra heat and power consumption could be a game changer.
Dolphin is rough. I rarely get top speeds in GC games with my setup still.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10