i7 6700hq performance issues
i just bought my asus g752vt a week ago an upgrade from my desktop which had a i5 2500k running at stock speed but the performance seem much on my new laptop worse even thought the i7 6700hq is roughly an i7 3770 in terms of performance im on maximum performance settings in power settings my laptop running currently 3.1ghz usings all cores  lot of games that were perfect on software mode on my i5 run like trash now mercenaries and gran turismo 4 being the worst ones almost all games have slowdowns my system  is an
asus rog g752vt gtx 970m with 16gb ddr4

Sponsored links

PCSX2 has a known issue with skylake CPUs in software mode, that seems to be what you are experiencing.

Go here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/gregory3.../artifacts

And download the PCSX2 there. It's the latest version, but compiled with VS2013 instead of 2015. This should resolve your problem.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
1 - your old i5-2500k has a batter STR than your i7-6700hq. means its performances under pcsx2 won't be better as good
2 - dunno what kind of gpu you had on your old desktop cpu, but it may be better than your mobile gpu too.
and finally, since you're on a laptop, make sure you aren't running on batteries and set winfows power plan to high performance mode
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, the 2500k has slightly better STP, but really it shouldn't be that big of a difference. The 970m is quite a powerful GPU, even if his desktop one was more OP the 970m should be plenty for up to 4x in most games. His English is kinda broken so I couldn't be 100% sure but he said "lot of games that were perfect on software mode on my i5 run like trash now" and that's what makes me think it's really the skylake issue manifesting.

But yeah definitely make sure you set your power plan to high performance as jesalvein said. That is key to getting good performance in all games, not just PCSX2. Make sure you are plugged in as well. And remember your STP is ~1800 which is good, but there are some games in PCSX2 that need even more(2000+)

Also that 6700HQ is != to a 3770k. It's about 10% weaker, and that's assuming everything is optimal(like temps, power plan, etc)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
thank a lot for the help i know my english is broken it not my language at all im french all games except mercenaries run better now wish run only at 40 fps even with speedhacks and 3 cores hack anyways is there any plan for dx12 support?
(04-18-2016, 10:03 PM)wtfnoob09 Wrote: anyways is there any plan for dx12 support?
nope.
and the reason is? could we at least better speed for my i7 in the future
(04-18-2016, 10:13 PM)wtfnoob09 Wrote: and the reason is? could we at least better speed for my i7 in the future

how ?
why do you think Dx12 would benefit pcsx2 ?
because everything is becoming more gpu heavy than cpu heavy and the lack of improvement in the domain of cpu instead of improving the cpu frequency they are adding more cores has become clear that dx12 is the clear winner since is it less cpu heavy than dx11 i dont know about opengl throught but it seem rather having high system requirements and thus have high performance impact, also like i asked could we see pcsx2 reprogrammed for 4 cores in the future even if not anytime soon
(04-18-2016, 10:44 PM)wtfnoob09 Wrote: because everything is becoming more gpu heavy than cpu heavy

But PCSX2 is not "everything" it won't ever change because it's only ever going to play Playstation 2 games, which aren't being made anymore.

PCSX2 always has and always will be CPU heavy, sure a reasonable GPU helps, but mostly in terms of texture processing and shader speed. DirectX 12 only helps when it comes to driver overhead from DrawCalls, something which PCSX2 doesn't do many of. In the tests which it shows an advantage, those games are doing upwards of 500,000 draw calls, PCSX2 does maybe 10,000 at a huge push. The driver overhead on this is really negligible.

If we were to implement something, which is unlikely in the near future, it would be Vulkan for the cross-platform compatibility.
(04-18-2016, 10:44 PM)wtfnoob09 Wrote: also like i asked could we see pcsx2 reprogrammed for 4 cores in the future even if not anytime soon

We'd like to thread more, but its a complexity vs benefit battle. Ideally we'd like to split the plugins + IOP off from the rest, but we aren't sure on what gain we would get from that, considering how closely tied they are, performance could actually suffer.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]