ideal laptop to smoothly work with pcx2?
(03-25-2010, 04:08 AM)Qazwsx Wrote: You know the core i7's do have the turbo mode that raises the cores if others are not being used.

Yes, but I believe I've read that the "Turbo Mode" isn't recognized by PCSX2. Either way, the amount of "boost" isn't gonna make up for a base clock speed of 1.6Ghz. I can't say on the specific Core i, but I know there's is one that's a base of like 2.4Ghz or so, and the increase was only up to 2.66Ghz. Granted, a few hundred Mhz can help, but I wouldn't count on "Turbo Mode" for PCSX2, myself. You need a base of 2.5Ghz at the very least before I'd say (more) games will run "smooth". Aside from very specific titles (FFX), maybe.

For a Laptop, I would suggest 2.8Ghz for smooth gameplay in most (more than 50% of what's compatible, seemingly to me) games. Some demanding games are quite playable and some even run in the 50fps+ range more often than not. I even get 60fps at nearly all times (few or no speedhacks) with FFX and Dark Cloud (Mar '10 plugins did wonders for Dark Cloud). Just remember that there are some games that just CAN'T work (yet), regardless of how "not demanding" they are.

Sponsored links