im having a bad time with pcsx2
so today i installed pcsx2 and when i do a full start the start up graphics for ps2 are all grainy and bad also the sound is sub-par its slow and from there it acts like theres not a game being loaded. now when i do a fast load it will load to the game menu and the sound seems to be ok but i still have very bad graphics.

please help......

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

What Linux distro are you using? 32 or 64 bit? What video card? Do you have the proprietary (not open source) drivers installed? Can you run pcsx2 from terminal and post error messages it generates?
im using ubuntu 11.10 32bit
dont know what video card
dont know what proprietary drivers are so probably no
and i dont know how to start pcsx2 from a terminal.
my guess you have an nvidia card and you force anisotropic in your drivers. First disable it. Then you can check your gpu with the lspci command.

edit Disable also msaa (could hurt the speed)
(10-22-2012, 11:41 PM)gregory Wrote: my guess you have an nvidia card and you force anisotropic in your drivers. First disable it. Then you can check your gpu with the lspci command.

edit Disable also msaa (could hurt the speed)

how do i disable anisotropic?

and heres a shot of the lspci results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is this a laptop? I see Intel Mobile Integrated Graphics Controller. If that's the case I don't think it supports OpenGL >= 3.3 yet, hence, no dice for Linux PCSX2. One day it will I suppose. Also, I'm not sure how to disable anisotropic either. I don't know what that means. Tongue
(10-23-2012, 01:14 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Is this a laptop? I see Intel Mobile Integrated Graphics Controller. If that's the case I don't think it supports OpenGL >= 3.3 yet, hence, no dice for Linux PCSX2. One day it will I suppose. Also, I'm not sure how to disable anisotropic either. I don't know what that means. Tongue

yeah im using a toshiba satellite but ive seen videos on youtube where people are using pcsx2 on laptops with no problems, does anyone else know if what datank said is true?
(10-23-2012, 02:39 AM)davidson27 Wrote: yeah im using a toshiba satellite but ive seen videos on youtube where people are using pcsx2 on laptops with no problems, does anyone else know if what datank said is true?

Were they using the linux version? Probably not, since windows has GSdx (not the OpenGL port) which is quite faster and much more compatible for the time being
[Image: newsig.jpg]