impossible blend => please read this thread
(05-05-2015, 06:15 PM)refraction Wrote: sometimes it's best just to pick a route and deal with it.
both of the route's have it's pros and cons, I don't think it would be right to just declare a certain method a better one and prevent others from using the other one.

The conversion method will be costly on weaker hardware's, the FS blending method would be less demanding and would be suitable for those with weaker hardware's. I think forcing a certain method will not look nice.

(05-05-2015, 06:15 PM)refraction Wrote: If you put an option in for every change with multiple routes you get a massive interface of tick boxes or dropdowns and it will be very un-user friendly.
I understand the situation but, we do have the preset option for newbies. Smile (it's enabled by default on the new builds)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

We do but that doesn't affect gsdx Tongue2 unless there's one in there I haven't seen lol.

Blyss: exactly Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I completely forgot that the preset system isn't there for GSdx settings. Still, one extra option wouldn't clutter up the things much, does it ?. I feel that both of the methods should be accessible for the users. If they feel confused about the specific setting, we can add the in-depth description of the option in the configuration guide (or) the quick start guide.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The problem is, it's just one, then it's just another, that's how the gamefixes tab in pcsx2 got like it is xD for ages it was like 5 and we were saying "okay that's probably enough" Tongue

+ the fact that more options mean more test possibilities.

Anyway, I have found the GTA issue. I don't think it is related to blending, but I'm not sure I put various hack in the code Tongue2 So it could be related to blending and already enabled skip draw.

Rama provides more dump so I can do more test.
yeh hardware mode has a crc hack i believe Tongue

Not a CRC. It is always on. I confirm that it is the issue of GTA (at least the one you can see). There is likely an issue with the impossible blend but I'm not sure it is visible.

Here the code. If you remember anything Smile
Code:
    // Mimic old GSdx behavior (skipping all depth textures with a skip value of 1), to avoid floods of bug reports
    // that games are broken, when the user hasn't found the skiphack yet. (God of War, sigh...)
    else if (skip == 0)
    {
        if(fi.TME)
        {
            if(fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMZ32 || fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMZ24 || fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMZ16 || fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMZ16S)
            {
                skip = 1;
            }
        }
    }
It would be better to have a proper workaround for depth textures than an overall skip imo Tongue or the ability to choose. maybe we could have a catchall skip value for this like skip 9999 or something

I think the only good solution for this auto skip mess is an actual fix, so ehr... Go for it gregory! Wink
Well I'm not sure it is so easy Tongue2 First it is a pain in the ass to dump those depth textures. At least png supports 16 bits gray. Then I really don't know if gsdx supports the depth texture format (single channel of 16/24/32 bits). Actually I'm rather surprise that it seems to work.