impossible to play Ico on an ultrabook?
hi everyone. i have a samsung ultrabook 5 which i know is not in any way a gaming laptop; however i have been having a lot of trouble getting ico to be playable and as i understand it this is one of the less demanding ps2 games.

here are my specs:
Intel ® Core™ i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
RAM: 4.00GB
64x

let me know if there is any more information i should provide.

so far just based on the opening sequence, there is always some variety of distracting glitch no matter what i try, such as - opaque walls of fog and light, severe ghosting of images that makes the image incomprehensible, weird brick-like patterns in place of the fog and light, you get the idea.

i have tried a few different hacks but honestly i have no idea what i am doing. is this just a lost cause because of my hardware?

thanks.

Sponsored links

How is the actual FPS?

That CPU is kinda borderline. Some lesser demanding games will be okay for sure. But more demanding not so much.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
the fps is generally okay at around 50, as long as I am using hardware. based on the speed alone i think the game would be playable, but the graphics would make things pretty confusing and unenjoyable.

it may also be worth mentioning that when i use software the visuals look way better, but then the fps is about 20.

also i'm glad to hear you think some lesser demanding games would be playable... do you think ico is actually a game that it could handle?
I believe you have to use the software renderer to fix the graphics issues. Even though Ico isn't too demanding, that ultrabook will probably still have issues. You can try enabling the MTVU speedhack, ee cycle rate hack, and all of the speed hacks listed as recommended. Also, in your video plugin settings, make sure you set 2 or 3 extra rendering threads, as this will give you a bit more speed in software mode.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-13-2014, 03:14 AM)merrickb Wrote: also i'm glad to hear you think some lesser demanding games would be playable... do you think ico is actually a game that it could handle?

If as Nobbs says it requires software to look okay, then no.

Here are some it could handle:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD