in near future vulkan add in pcsx2 and x64 base emu
Exclamation 
is there any  news about Vulkan build and x64 base build because rpcs3 cemu take advantages ok vulkan api i wonder why pcsx2  team cannot add specialy Vulkan  in project Excl

Sponsored links

No, it's not happening any time soon for us. We don't have any immediate benefits from it that we don't get with OpenGL; and we're strapped for resources right now - we don't have any other developers to spare time on it.
(11-21-2017, 06:39 AM)mazhar1981 Wrote: is there any  news about Vulkan build and x64 base build because rpcs3 cemu take advantages ok vulkan api i wonder why pcsx2  team cannot add specialy Vulkan  in project Excl

any reason why we would ?
what would it bring to pcsx2 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-21-2017, 07:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: any reason why we would ?
what would it bring to pcsx2 ?

well vulkan run better on amd compared to open gl maybe ?
PCSX2 don't need 64bit or vulkan support, it is fast enough even on AMD gpu.
(11-25-2017, 08:54 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: PCSX2 don't need 64bit or vulkan support, it is fast enough even on AMD gpu.

Not if you're using OpenGL it isn't.

Also, I'm hearing that a number of Linux distros are dropping support for x86, not sure what that means for PCSX2's Linux port.
(11-21-2017, 07:07 AM)CK1 Wrote: No, it's not happening any time soon for us. We don't have any immediate benefits from it that we don't get with OpenGL; and we're strapped for resources right now - we don't have any other developers to spare time on it.

Have you considered posting for help needed on Reddit, there's tons of good programmers who would love to help. Or use bounty source and open it to public help / edits like RetroArch does.
(11-25-2017, 10:53 PM)kenshen Wrote: Have you considered posting for help needed on Reddit, there's tons of good programmers who would love to help. Or use bounty source and open it to public help / edits like RetroArch does.

RetroArch anything can't happen until we have a working 64-bits build that performs equally or better than what we have now. That in itself requires knowledge of the PS2 architecture to be able to rewrite the recompilers into 64-bits. So like I said, It's highly unlikely to happen soon.
(11-26-2017, 04:56 AM)CK1 Wrote: RetroArch anything can't happen until we have a working 64-bits build that performs equally or better than what we have now. That in itself requires knowledge of the PS2 architecture to be able to rewrite the recompilers into 64-bits. So like I said, It's highly unlikely to happen soon.

No No you misunderstood, sorry my comment wasn't clear. I read that you guy's are low on resources / programmers. That's why I suggested either go to reddit and ask for help or do what retroarch does with bounty source, IE. allow people to make bounties on issues, you'd get a ton of programmers  to help pcsx2 in general that way not specifically vulkan or 64 bit anything.
(11-26-2017, 05:39 AM)kenshen Wrote: No No you misunderstood, sorry my comment wasn't clear. I read that you guy's are low on resources / programmers. That's why I suggested either go to reddit and ask for help or do what retroarch does with bounty source, IE. allow people to make bounties on issues, you'd get a ton of programmers  to help pcsx2 in general that way not specifically vulkan or 64 bit anything.

Thing is the project isn't funded so we have nothing to offer developers. Everyone that works on PCSX2 is doing it voluntarily.
That said asking for help on reddit sounds like a good plan.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5