incompatable iso games
(03-31-2011, 12:21 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Alcohol has had problems before for some users, ImgBurn worked fine in those cases. CloneCD I believe is best for CD PS2 games, not so much for say DVD9 games however. Nero is not that great for some reason, we usually get complains with nero made images and then working fine with images made by other rippers. Overall DVD Decrypter/ImgBurn are the most reliable so far yet not flawless, anyway ImgBurn is the recommended to use.

yeh, but i said nero 7 Tongue, the newer versions screw with the image making and burning process :\. and i've had no problems with alcohol, it might be the user is selecting the MDS file, instead of the actual MDF image.

Sponsored links

Maybe your cd or dvd was scratched or dirty when you made the image.try using alcohol image making/burning software.sorry i couldn't provide a link for alcohol. Sad
All that abundance of information is actually confusing more than helping.

What many threads talked about alcohol (as other virtual drivers) was how it can fail under Win7, and this was because the SPTD and an issue PCSX2 was prone to expose (notice, not cause the issue, just expose it). Actually I don't know if the MDS or MDF even is shown on the selector.

But the point is: imageburn is small, it is light weight, better yet it's free... it is known to create flawless image from PCSX2 stand point... why don't use and simply suggest using it? instead all the babble about which ones may or may not work.

In a way, all this looks to me like those workarounds to try to solve the innumerable problems caused by installing games under Windows Vista/7 protected folders, instead just spreading the REAL solution which is:

Never install games in C:\Program Files (x86) or any other protected folder.

Needing to run as the administrator, mainly when the own account is already administrative just show something is badly wrong and this something will repeat again and again to each game installed in the near future.

The same here, maybe all those software can make good PS2 images, but why to risk? The newcomer should be pointed to single and simple solutions, we should try and avoid making things more confuse they already are.
Imagination is where we are truly real
what issue with SPTD?
Probably it is corrected by now, Even so it may be an issue to anyone with an older Alcohol or any virtual driver which uses that layer.

The issue is very easy to know if it hits... hard crash... beautiful blue screen of death and forced machine restart.

SPTD - SCSI Pass-Through Direct - a low level driver that need machine reboot when installed, easy to imagine what happens if it fails.
Imagination is where we are truly real
yeah, that was fixed with the first alcohol 2.0 release.