incorrect buttons get registered
(04-13-2013, 09:46 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: Sorry. I could be wrong, but I thought lilypad was its own thing...

[Image: cP6YwVB.png]

Lilypad is a controller plugin for PCSX2.

MotionInJoy is a PS3 controller driver for Windows.

Unlike the X-box 360 controller, which has native drivers for Windows, PS3 controllers do not. If you want to use one, you have to have custom drivers, MotionInJoy was the first serious contender in the ring to do so in windows... but it's janky at the best of times, quite unstable (I have the latest version and I still get about a 10% chance every time I connect a controller via bluetooth of windows simply crashing), and requires you to use it's software that is bloated with ads.

There are now better alternatives (as mentioned above) but I've been too lazy to try them myself.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Scarlets drivers work wonders over both USB and Bluetooth. Have some minor issues from time to time but apparently the cuase is my Bluetooth adapter. So nothing I can do there to fix it other then to uninstall scarlets driver and revert my Bluetooth drivers back to stock then reinstall Scarlets drivers and everything works perfectly fine again for a few weeks before I need to do it again.
Darkat5, I encountered the same problem as you but I have just found a solution - that's the reason I registered now to help you.

The solution is very easy - choose in MotionJoy "select one mode" the option "Playstation 2' (for PCSX2 with pressure sensitive)" and you are done. Now all the buttons will be registered properly. You probably had it set to "Playstation 3 (DX-default).

I only feel pity for every "very helpful" posts above me. Recommending to change driver, etc. is no help at all. See? This is how you help.