intel i5 2500k builtin gpu
Hi, do I have any hopes of running pcsx2 1.0 on Archlinux-64 using the builtin GPU of my i5
2500k CPU? That would be an intel HD 3000 GPU if I'm correct... Right now of the 3 games I
have (Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid Subsistence and Shadow of Colossus) all of them
freeze pcsx2, giving this on the console:

Code:
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
The program 'pcsx2' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
  (Details: serial 22 error_code 1 request_code 154 minor_code 34)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
I've seen on some benchmarks the HD 3000 is practically equivalent to a Radeon 5450, and I
can run the dolphin wii emulator, urban terror and xonotic just fine...

Sponsored links

Wow you really chose probably the top 3 most demanding games on PCSX2 Tongue There is no way you will get acceptable speeds with these on Linux. You might get some decent performance if you ran it under windows but the HD 3000 would still struggle, even at native resolution.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Besides openGL support of Intel gpu is limited. For the moment gsdx opengl won't work because it needs opengl3.3. Maybe next years.
You need a High End Nvidia (First Preference from my side) Graphics Card. And better get Windows to run those Games. You can have dualboot if you want Linux.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
thanks for replies, didn't know the intel drivers were behind with opengl support... actually I thought they would be better since AFAIK they're the only ones opensourced by the vendor... maybe there isn't a big community developing them since anyway for gaming people will get ATI or NVIDIA.

Well I guess I'll be playing ps1 and wii titles then Smile
Amd have an opensource driver too. But proprietary driver are much more better (speed and gl 4.2 soon 4.3, when they don't crash...). On open source driver, Intel is ahead and they made important progress recently. With luck mesa might support pcsx2 next year :-)
Quote:maybe there isn't a big community developing them since anyway for gaming people will get ATI or NVIDIA.

Intel starts just to contribute to an open source driver for his new GPU (cf phoronix site). They are working with Valve too for the future steam linux project. But for the moment, intel GPU is far behind Nvidia and Ati for 3D performance...

Quote:And better get Windows to run those Games.

There is a native Linux version, when it will be more optimised, they could be as fast as the window one's, or more. Performance depends more here from the program and the peripherics used than the platform.
I have yet honest result with DBZ budokai 3: 45-55fps. After some tests, I didn't see a difference between performance of the windows last stable version (in wine) and the linux native 0.9.9.r4920.
Config: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic 64 bits - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - official Ubuntu Nvidia drivers 390.48 - 1920x1080 - Processor Intel i5-3570 3,4 Ghz - 8 Go RAM
I'm running an i5-3310 with HD4000, and I get the same error. Is there any alternate video plugin which might get anything to run, or am I SOL in this regard?

At the moment, the emulator crashes regardless of whether or not any iso is present.
It is the same for all Intel GPU. I ask the driver an opengl3.3 context + 2 opengl4 extensions (only sw extensions that run on older GPU) but they only support 3.0.
See the status here: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt
As you can status, there are very close to support opengl 3.3 but it still miss some bits.

For the moment you can use ZZogl plugin that have lesser requirement.
I am unable to select libzzogl in the plugin selector (only GSdx is available). I've checked /usr/lib/games/pcsx2 and libzzogl-0.4.0.so and libzzogl-cg-0.3.0.so are in that folder.

I've also installed pcsx2 from the PPA and nvidia-cg-toolkit is installed but not the pcsx2-specific package (which is not available in the precise repository anyway).