intel tester wanted
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386

Trying to handle dependencies one-at-a-time on 64 bit Ubuntu will get you nowhere fast. I had a method to compile on 64 bit about a year ago but it doesn't work anymore. Just use the PPA.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

Quote:The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libgtk2.0-dev:i386 : Depends: gir1.2-gtk-2.0:i386 (= 2.24.17-0ubuntu2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev:i386 (>= 2.21.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpango1.0-dev:i386 (>= 1.20) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libatk1.0-dev:i386 (>= 1.29.2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
It conflicts with some 64 bits packages. Add the dependency package in your apt-get line.
sudo apt-get install ...... libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev:i386 libpango1.0-dev:i386 libatk1.0-dev:i386
And so on, until it removes the offending 64 bits (dev) package. Unfortunately they didn't push multiarch as far as would have expected.
Thanks to both of you, will try as soon as I get back to Linux.
OS : Windows 8 64bits / Ubuntu 13.04 64 bits / Arch Linux
CPU : Intel Core i5 3570k @ Stock 3.40 Ghz
Motherboard : GA-Z77-DS3H
GPU : Nvidia GTX 660Ti
RAM : 16 Go DDR3 @ 1600 mhz
Hiho,

I'm all new to PCSX2, and am willing to give it a try... that means, if my Intel chipset isn't too old. It's a Sandy Bridge one, and not the best amongst them..
I run Debian Testing 64bits, and so not with latest MESA, though I may give a try if that has a chance to succeed.

Problem for now is I don't have any ISO to test, if you can point to some legal link of a small in size app/game to run I'd be glad to get it. Otherwise I will just wait to get my hands on some game.

I simply gave a try to version 1.0.0, haven't tried to build from SVN/Git.
Actually I wanted to know the status of Mesa geometrey shader (mesa >= 10 and IB/Haswell). Gusar give me enough data Smile So it is fine on my side.
Okay, though I am still interested about what I posted on my side.

1) Does PCSX2 run with Sandy Bridge on Linux ?
2) Is there like a compatibility matrix to get a better idea of the hardware/software requirements to run PCSX2 ? I have found nothing alike in the wiki, but would contribute with my results.
1) with recent mesa it could work. However It won't be fast.
2) not really. GPU wise the limitation are the supported gl exrensions. I try to make a summary thread but yes a nice matrix would be nice.
Must be hard work to figure all those errors out.. if you ever need me to test something on an AMD phenom 955 system please send a pm..
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

Well for the CPU side I could manage. But GPU is a nightmare => 3 vendor * 2 OS * multi driver version * several extension == infinite possibility Smile

Intel owner, can someone give me a status on Sandy bridge GPU (with a recent mesa at least 9.2, better 10)
How about a Steam OS version? this should be pretty targetable, shouldn't it? Smile