intel tester wanted
Well, what is steam OS exactly? I didn't have time to follow this topic yet.

Sponsored links

(12-30-2013, 12:57 PM)gregory Wrote: Well, what is steam OS exactly? I didn't have time to follow this topic yet.

Valve wants to be more independent of MS so it created it own operating system. It's basically a modified Debian distro with Steam (big picture) preinstalled and currently in the beta fase. Performance is as far as ive seen still worse than on windows and it has actually only valve games and lots of indie games.
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

Since Valve is working with nvidia and AMD, I hope/think they are putting a lot of effort into standardizing the GPU drivers, which should make it easier to target than a "random" linux distro.
(12-30-2013, 01:02 PM)dutch_coffee Wrote: Valve wants to be more independent of MS so it created it own operating system. It's basically a modified Debian distro with Steam (big picture) preinstalled and currently in the beta fase. Performance is as far as ive seen still worse than on windows and it has actually only valve games and lots of indie games.

what you mean by indie games?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
games made by independant developers.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-30-2013, 01:10 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: games made by independant developers.

oh, thanks noob.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
GPU drivers are standardized[0] but driver are not tested and therefore fulll of bugs. Besides we only got 2 majors implementations, so you never know which one is correct!
AMD did a lots of progress recently, I hope they won't move all their ressources into Mantle. In my opinion what we need is more and more GL4 (ie D3D11 class) games. Gl games are often a mere 2d games or D3D 8 class... The only exception was Id software which probably got several Amd/Nvidia engineer in a close room Smile

0: the spec is often very unclear so you end up with various gl implementation...
Running on Haswell HD4600, I've build pcsx2-1.2.0-r5864 (Release) sources with Mesa 10.0.3 and got this error:

/home/mkj/dev/pcsx2-1.2.0-r5864-sources/common/src/Utilities/Linux/LnxHostSys.cpp(64) : assertion failed:
Function: void SysPageFaultSignalFilter(int, siginfo_t*, void*)
Thread: MTGS
Condition: false

[00] __kernel_rt_sigreturn
[01] GSShaderOGL::VS(unsigned int, unsigned int)
[02] GSDeviceOGL:WackoetupVS(GSDeviceOGL::VSSelector)
[03] GSRendererOGL:LaughrawPrims(GSTexture*, GSTexture*, GSTextureCache:Wackoource*)
[04] GSRendererHW:Laughraw()
[05] GSState::FlushPrim()
[06] void GSState::GIFRegHandlerTEST<0>(GIFReg const*)
[07] void GSState::Transfer<3>(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)
[08] GSgifTransfer
open the gui and disable "separate shader extension"
ah no this issue is about a device not properly selected... But it be fine now, my work around don't seem to work. Anyway open the gui and apply default setting will surely fix it.