is gran tourismo4 cursed?
when i was little i had a ps2 and my favourite game was gran tourismo4. after some time tho it had a hard time starting the game and it only worked 1 out of 5 times. eventually it stopped working completely. i thought maybe it is the disk... ( i own 3 copies of gran tourismo4 now) 
i recetly found this little emulator thingy you have here and was very hyped to play gt4 again after many years. and it didnt start.
every other game i have starts in the emulator, only gt4 doesnt. i didnt want to go this far to create a account on here but as it seems i have no other choice.

basicly it can show me the playstation2 logo, than the credits, but after that it just stays black. 
also i am kind of retarded so please give dumbo instructions

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
I remember that there was some problem with that black screen and you just have to press start to make it continue but when I tried the latest beta,I saw that the problem was gone so it will be a good idea to try it
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Also,the game is loading some things from the second layer of the disk when you start and if the image is not created correctly,the game will not start
(04-30-2018, 04:05 PM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

AMD A8-5600 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 3.6 GHz
8 GB ram (7,46 usable)
windows 10 64bit
NVIDIA gtx 970

i cant find the other ***** on windows and idk what else i have in there. (is it really so important?)

i only tried gran tourismo with these settings and i play it from dvd

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As vsub said, download the latest dev build from the link above. It may fix the problem you're having while reading from the disk.
When you download the latest dev build disable Large Framebuffer and switch to OpenGL HW.

Also disable 8bit textures.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
now it has some problems with plugins
What sort of problem? Are you getting an error?
(04-30-2018, 04:46 PM)CK1 Wrote: What sort of problem? Are you getting an error?

i hope you know which error it is if you arent german

(loosing motivation)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OK, switch to the SSE2 GSdx plugin and see if that works.