is this normal?
i'll start off with specs
x4 955 3.2ghz
5770 1 gig
4 gigs
win 7
latest drivers

most games i try on pcsx2 i can run at 60 fps easily. rogue galaxy, etc etc.

it will run at 60fps without speedhacks or anything but randomly the fps will dip down to 45/50/sound will go crazy. it makes not playing the games very fun, is this normal/is my computer too ***** for perfect 60fps always?

even 2d games like odin sphere do the same thing. 60fps then randomly fps drop down to 45/sound grossness.

im using default settings mostly, but i've tried every option/tinkered around with it for hours. even messed with the speedhacks but it still happens.

halp? :] if it helps. pcsx2 version 0.9.8 r4600 and running games from iso.

Sponsored links

Try running the latest SVN version and using the MTVU hack which should help out a bit. If you told us which games get the slowdowns that would help us help you better
(01-03-2012, 08:44 AM)Topken Wrote: Try running the latest SVN version and using the MTVU hack which should help out a bit. If you told us which games get the slowdowns that would help us help you better

where do i get the latest SVN version? and how do i enable mTVU hack? is it under speedhack?

rogue galaxy slows down frequently
odin sphere does it too
snake eater does the same thing
kingdom hearts

the only game i can run without slowdown/perfect speed is maximo!
just a quick replay, i switched from r4600 to 4866. been palying rogue galaxy for around 10 mins, pretty perfect 60 fps with no slowdown. what a difference a simple revision can make!
Glad it helped you out
still having a few problems. odin sphere is still bugged, works fine up until first dragon boss, then i get massive slowdown.

final fantasy x is constant 60 but every few mins it will drop down to 50 for half a second and ***** up audio/make the game feel buggy.

is this what emulating the ps2 is like? is it possible to have perfect 60fps constantly?

i appreciate your help!
setting.
pardon? do you wish to see my settings? or are you telling me to mess around with settings? im trying the latest build and so far star ocean 3 is running at constant 60+ fps with no speedhacks! i guess its different for every game?
Yes, it's very different for every game and oftentimes you get more and less demanding scenes in one title.
Odin Sphere is slow for different reasons that Rogue Galaxy for example.
I expect the MTVU hack to help a lot in RG but nearly not at all in OS.

That said, your CPU is a little slow for keeping up full speed in the popular games, so keep working with speedhacks.
(01-03-2012, 03:58 PM)rama Wrote: Yes, it's very different for every game and oftentimes you get more and less demanding scenes in one title.
Odin Sphere is slow for different reasons that Rogue Galaxy for example.
I expect the MTVU hack to help a lot in RG but nearly not at all in OS.

That said, your CPU is a little slow for keeping up full speed in the popular games, so keep working with speedhacks.

hmm, weird. my friend has the same processor as me and gets nearly 60fps constant in most games. i swear, its just a setting i haven't ticked. ive been testing different games/messing with settings for around 8 hours now. i should probably give it a rest and fiddle some more tommorow. thanks for the response.

another question, should i only keep one speed hack setting at a time on? or multiple ones on at once?