iso cpu usage
A quick search on newegg popped up a lot of GPU's under $100. Mostly the HQ ones will be the Nvidia 9600-9800's (PCI-Express). This one sounds like a winner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814162028 , and if you are worried about clearance, you can also try this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130518 . Two things to consider when you purchase a new GPU. First is clearance, you have to be sure the GPU will fit inside your board/case as well as the extra power connector. Secondly, you HAVE to be sure that your PSU can support the card. Newer cards have minimum power requirements. A PSU rated at 550W-750w+ should be sufficient to power that GPU as well as your OC'ed CPU and other components on your rig. If you go with a lower wattage PSU, you have to be sure it's really efficient. Some cheap PSU's say they are 750W, but if they are not efficient...they will output at a lower wattage. Ex. 750W could output around 500w or less. Most good PSU's you can find are from Antec, Corsair and Tt. If you can, look for ones that have the 80+ Certified logo. Those are really efficient PSU's.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |

Sponsored links

i'm using speedfan and core temp to monitor my speeds....and Its a little confusing. I'm getting 44c core 1 and 45c core 2 temps with the core temp program, yet speed fan says my core temp is only 26 c.....I dont get it. My heatsink is cool to the touch with the 2 extra fans by the way.

Also... I was using windows factory driver for my graphics card. I just downloaded and installed the driver from nvidia and my fps went up about 5 more now im running at 85-90% most of the time.
and how do I tell what my power supply is?
Yeah, you gained a lot of performance off of the Nvidia drivers. Windows drivers are designed to make sure that general graphics are displayed correctly. (mainly for compatibility) The good thing about Nvidia drivers is that with new versions, the performance increases with the same hardware. (granted not all the time, but it's still nice to have it.) We can't say the same about ATI's drivers.

I would still recommend a GPU upgrade so you can start to increase the resolution and add AA on your PCSX2 games as well as pc games. (not to mention that some PCSX2 games will require a more powerful GPU *cough* Smackdown Vs RAW *cough*) I don't think speedfan is accurate, especially with newer CPU's. I would use Core Temp 0.99.5.

PCSX2 will put a crazy amount of stress on your cpu. I would take advantage of Core Temp and OC your CPU in increments of 100 mhz. The best way to test a stable OC is to OC to desired clock rate, then Run OCCT 3.0 while monitoring temps on Core Temp. OCCT will put your CPU on full 100% load. Run a test for 30 mins on the desired clock rate. If it gives at least 1 error, lower the clock rate a bit and try again. You can also try increasing Voltage to the CPU, but don't go past 1.4v. Also keep in mind when you increase voltages, there will be more heat. If you have the Black Edition of the 6500+ the easiest way to OC is to just increase the multiplier. If your desired clock rate passes the 30 min test, I would advise to run it for at least 3-6 hours more. Just to be sure it will STAY stable. Remember, the temps should NOT exceed 50-55c on 100% load. If it does, you will ultimately damage your CPU. (along with other components.)
The PSU will also play an important part of your OC's stability. If your CPU isn't getting enough juice, it will fail or BSOD. In some cases even randomly auto restart. You can check by opening your case and looking at the side of the PSU. It will usually say the brand name and the wattage. Be sure to look for the MAX wattage. Depending on your PSU, the sticker might be on the bottom or on the other side, in that case you might have to unscrew it and check it out.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
last question, how do I tell if i have pci-e, Ive never used the pci bus because my graphics cards have always been motherboard integrated.

Diagnostic returns the following information about my bus adapters:

AP5IY7JW IDE Controller
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
The easiest way is to tell me your motherboard model. I can look it up and find out. If not, you can take a look at these images. If you have one of these brown slots, then you have AGP: http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/artic...28/agp.jpg . If you have one of these black slots, (it can also be blue) then it's PCI express: http://www.karbosguide.com/books/pcarchi...es/828.jpg .
yep its the black one.

I only have about 2 inches from the pci-e bus to the back of my case..that worries me because my case is really compact. I wonder if it will even fit.

Also, thanks for all the assistance, I really appreciate it. I experience trouble with other high end games too and now I know what to do and how to go about improving the matter.
You have to look at the front as well. The distance from the slot to the other side. (By the drive bays) If space is an issue, you can also look into small/low form factor GPU's. You may have to sacrifice a bit of performance, but it will still be an upgrade. Before anything, I would really look into your PSU brand and wattage. If you are sure that it can supply your CPU and your GPU (if you get a new one.) with enough power safely and efficiently, then you can continue on with your OC. An OC'ed cpu will also benefit HQ pc games as well.

After the PSU, work on the OC. Use Core Temp and OCCT and follow my tips. Once you found your CPU sweet spot, you are set until you pick up your new GPU. (Which honestly, will be a HUGE upgrade) If you have any more questions, let us know. I can also recommend some PSU's if you need it.
I checked out my PSU it supports 500.

What are the dangers of overclocking the GPU? I tweaked my gpu with Rivatuner and now I get 99% fps in all gameplay with FFXII.
What brand is your PSU? And are you planning on OC'ing your onboard GPU? I would not advise that if you are talking about the integrated GPU. There will be an increased amount of heat on the GPU. The heatsinks on the integrated GPU's are very weak. The bigger problem is that the integrated GPU's are tied into the chipset of the board. So if you OC the integrated GPU, then you put increased heat on the already weak heatsink, not to mention putting heat onto the mainboard's chipset.

If that damages the GPU, then it also damages the chipset rendering the board broken. You can't replace the chipset let alone the integrated GPU. In most cases it's a LOT safer to OC a dedicated GPU. At least if it damages the PCI GPU, you can in most cases just replace the card and problem solved. If you damage integrated components, you will have to replace the mainboard.
That is great. You managed to get full speed. But be sure that you are not OC'ing the GPU or putting more stress on it. Remember that the Chipset controls a lot of hardware. Also, not all games will be 100%