iso or dvd?
The game I'm trying to run is dynasty warriors 4. Works well enough in single player, but the fps dips if I get huge mobs on both screens if I try playing multiplayer. I have the dvd but I remember reading vaguely somewhere that an iso is better. Is this true, and will I get better fps if I switch? Sorry if this doesnt really make any sense, I'm not exactly tech savvy.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

(05-18-2012, 06:29 AM)genericscrub Wrote: ... will I get better fps if I switch? Sorry if this doesnt really make any sense, I'm not exactly tech savvy.

The read speed of the average modern HDD is much faster than a disc.

Yes--
Using an ISO of the disc will always have it's benefits,
but that may not be why you lag during large scenes...

What are your PC specs?
And have you tried any Speedhacks?
Some generalisation...

ISO is recommended over DVD because it reduce your load time a lot..Imagine running your DVD at 7200 RPM (Hard drive spindle speed) Laugh

About FPS, PCSX2 speed relies heavily on your CPU speed and technology and some help from GPU for rendering..So, if you got a weak CPU, there goes your FPS as well..

In PCSX2, there is speedhacks which will help you squeeze more FPS, if not much, but be wary that speedhacks can produce glitches ingame. In that case, just turn if off or back to basic by testing one by one until you get something that favoured you
Intel Core i3 m370 @2.40ghz, ~2.4ghz
intel hd graphics i3
am i missing anything?

have all speedhacks on max except for vu cyclestealing which seems to slow me down.
Processor and graphics unit are what's most important. Smile

Unfortunately, your integrated GPU is rather weak.
Consider lowering the internal resolution in the GS plugin settings.