issue with svn
hi, i am not able to get pcsx2 working on anything other than your most stable release. I have heard mention i need to install some files from microsoft, the visual redistrubatables and such.. i already did..

yet for some reason any new svn since as far back as 1.2.1 got released, crashes.

1.2.1 works great with no issues.

if someone could point me in the right direction to fix this that would be appreciated, as i am not currently aware of what i should be doing Tongue

Sponsored links

post your emulog.txt

emulog.txt is located either in My documents/PCSX2/logs if you used the installer, or PCSX2/logs if you downloaded the binary (mine is in C:\Users\dave\Documents\PCSX2\logs )
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
will do, but for now i went back to using the stable release. i will post that when i install the svn again.
all the games i have run great, ranging from dothack hack infection, devil may or ffxii international..

the only issue i am having is that the emulator does not even load if i install the svn, it crashes as soon as you try to boot the game. i will get that info to you.

for now here is my system information

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium E5800 @ 3.20GHz 49 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
Gateway SX2803 (CPU 1) 64 °C
Graphics
HP vs17 (1280x1024@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6450 (Sapphire/PCPartner) 75 °C
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA MK1059GSM (SATA) 54 °C
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT40N USB Device
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
from what i can understand there is some files and updates for windows i need to install which your site recommends, but when i follow the links and download them it says i already installed them all..

so not really sure what is going on.