it works but slow. help please :D
It works, I can play, I can save, I can load but it's very slow. FPS is 20-25 only. any configurations? please Laugh
I don't know the terms used so I put the preset to 3

Games I play/will play
Resident Evil 4
Sword Of Etheria
Kingdom Hearts 2
Valkyrie Profile Symeria

I use PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600)
Preset: 3
BIOS: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

I use laptop
Processor: AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), 1.5GHz
Ram: 4GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6470M
DirectX: 11

thanks Laugh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

your ping 489ms is very lag cannot play pcsx2 emulator too slow cpu so on......

your cpu is not 4 core is 2 cpu 2 hyperthreading!!!= to 4 logical thread!!!

me laptop 4 core 4 HT= 8 logical thread ! ping 220ms(this ping regard how fast you run this emulator)
me 4 core speed 1.73ghz 4HT

HT is not cpu please take note!!!
(08-10-2012, 07:53 AM)knightt Wrote: your ping 489 is very lag cannot play pcsx2 emulator too slow cpu so on......

me laptop 4 core 4 HT= 8 logical thread ! ping 220ms(this ping regard how fast you run this emulator)

HT is not cpu please take note!

ok I get it Laugh thanks

btw. what's a hyperthreading?

I just copied exactly what's in the dxdiag, in the processor. so I really don't know the differences. Laugh thanks Laugh
here your info

HT Technology is used to improve parallelization of computations (doing multiple tasks at once) performed on PC microprocessors. For each processor core that is physically present, the operating system addresses two virtual or logical cores, and shares the workload between them when possible. The main function of hyper-threading is to decrease the number of dependent instructions on the pipeline.
Apus aren't really meant for anything intensive.
(08-10-2012, 07:53 AM)knightt Wrote: your ping 489ms is very lag cannot play pcsx2 emulator too slow cpu so on......

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. That is NOT a ping and even if it was, ping is a measurement for server response time, so absolutely nothing to do with CPU speed. That only measures how fast the game database was read and has nothing to do with PCSX2 performance.

That said, lancelot112 your CPU is clocked at only 1,5 Ghz and is way below our recommended speed of ~3,2 Ghz. You could maybe run ok some 2D games like Disgaea,Makai Kingdom or Phantom Brave but anything with some 3D will run pretty slow.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-10-2012, 07:53 AM)knightt Wrote: your ping 489ms is very lag cannot play pcsx2 emulator too slow cpu so on......

AMD A8 3500 is a 4 core cpu! HT is only available on Intel CPU's, not AMD.
(08-10-2012, 01:58 PM)Bositman Wrote: Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. That is NOT a ping and even if it was, ping is a measurement for server response time, so absolutely nothing to do with CPU speed. That only measures how fast the game database was read and has nothing to do with PCSX2 performance.

That said, lancelot112 your CPU is clocked at only 1,5 Ghz and is way below our recommended speed of ~3,2 Ghz. You could maybe run ok some 2D games like Disgaea,Makai Kingdom or Phantom Brave but anything with some 3D will run pretty slow.

since my laptop is a quad core with 1.5ghz each core. does it mean that it will become 6.0Ghz because 1.5 x 4 = 6? then it will be enough for the recommended speed of 3.2Ghz.

thanks. I really don't know much how Ghz works, I just know that the bigger the number the faster it is Laugh
And since you've experienced it yourself, you must by now know that your understanding is absolutely wrong, no?
(08-14-2012, 03:47 PM)lancelot112 Wrote: since my laptop is a quad core with 1.5ghz each core. does it mean that it will become 6.0Ghz because 1.5 x 4 = 6? then it will be enough for the recommended speed of 3.2Ghz.

thanks. I really don't know much how Ghz works, I just know that the bigger the number the faster it is Laugh
No, it's not 1.5Ghz x 4 cores = 6ghz. That's a common misconception.

Your CPU runs at 1.5Ghz, period. So, not suitable for PCSX2 at all, except for a small handful of 2D games, unfortunately.