just a question about CPU,s
(06-05-2017, 12:42 AM)refraction Wrote: just out of curiosity then, does the slowdown disappear if you set the Blending Accuracy lower?

Another thing you could try is unticking "Large Framebuffer" that may also reduce the load slightly.

ive tried setting it to low and none both didnt make much of a difference the cutscenes still slowed down it makes the fog wall bug appear again though but from my testing it didnt make a difference for me you remember those screenshots i put in my other thread when the first cutscene in the game the GS was hitting 93% the problem after that was when i reached the third mission in the game the cutscene then made the EE go to 90% it kind of fluctuates between both its a weird problem and ive tried turning off large framebuffer it didnt fix it either. i honestly dont know what it could be dont know if its something to do with my system or my CPU clock speed which im betting is the problem im kind of aware that the 6700 cant actually do its 4ghz clock speed its base clock is only 3.4ghz and turbo,s to 3.8ghz and yes ive tried disabling turbo mode on the processor didnt help much either it is honestly this game or the CPU not being powerful enough it says on the PCSX2 wiki page its CPU intensive.

Sponsored links

if the EE goes to 90% or more, the only thing you can do is try turning the EE clamping down, possibly VU clamping as well (this sometimes has an effect), you could also try the EE Timing Fix gamefix, sometimes it can help improve performance slightly.

If the GS goes high, you can try lowering the resolution or playing with the Skipdraw setting to see if you can remove some effects to make the game run quicker, beyond that I'm not sure what to suggest Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

OP, well I own a 4790k and have a slight overclock to 4.5ghz. I have a cpumark STP score of 2700 which is bout 400 - 500 points higher than your non-K i7. The Getaway is actually just a 30fps game and I can run it without a hitch at that framerate. I even use asasega's 60fps patch which makes the game very cpu intensive and the framerate stays between 50-60 fps(gameplay and cutscenes) and that is with defualt settings except MTVU is enabled as well as allow 8 bit textures.(PCSX2 1.4.)

Even though the 4790k is somewhat old, it is still brutally fast in STP. If emulation is a primary part of your PC, I would definitely recommend a K version of i5 or i7. It costs about 10% more than non-K but it is worth it in the long run.
Ok, mrchrismania, I played with some of the settings. I have MTVU enabled. Using OpenGL HW, I lowered the IR to 2x, set Blending Accuracy to Basic & Interlacing to None (just to be safe). The cut scenes played mostly at 100%, occasionally dropping down to 94%. But honestly, if I weren't staring at the performance, I wouldn't have really noticed any slowdown at all
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(06-05-2017, 01:09 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Ok, mrchrismania, I played with some of the settings.  I have MTVU enabled. Using OpenGL HW, I lowered the IR to 2x, set Blending Accuracy to Basic & Interlacing to None (just to be safe).  The cut scenes played mostly at 100%, occasionally dropping down to 94%.   But honestly, if I weren't staring at the performance, I wouldn't have really noticed any slowdown at all

yeah i understand that lol but say you watch the cutscene you can generally see the cutscenes slowing down and the Audio slows down as well because its synced with the framerate the only way i can play it at 60fps and have no frame drop in cutscenes is if i set the preset to balanced which basically just sets the EE Cyclerate 1 notch to the left.
(06-05-2017, 01:07 AM)someother1ne Wrote: OP, well I own a 4790k and have a slight overclock to 4.5ghz. I have a cpumark STP score of 2700 which is bout 400 - 500 points higher than your non-K i7. The Getaway is actually just a 30fps game and I can run it without a hitch at that framerate. I even use asasega's 60fps patch which makes the game very cpu intensive and the framerate stays between 50-60 fps(gameplay and cutscenes) and that is with defualt settings except MTVU is enabled as well as allow 8 bit textures.(PCSX2 1.4.)

Even though the 4790k is somewhat old, it is still brutally fast in STP. If emulation is a primary part of your PC, I would definitely recommend a K version of i5 or i7. It costs about 10% more than non-K but it is worth it in the long run
yeah this is what i thought im pretty sure this game needs over 4ghz clock speed for stable performance on the default preset i even saw another video of someone playing NFS underground 2 which is pretty CPU intensive as well even that guy had a 4790k and i sit here wondering hows he getting that speed so i ask around to find out what settings he used i think the answer is pretty obvious here it has to be processor i cant think of anything else.
Yeap, I can't argue that the 4790k seems like the more powerful choice. The STR is also very impressive
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(06-05-2017, 01:56 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Yeap, I can't argue that the 4790k seems like the more powerful choice.  The STR is also very impressive

yeah its not really a big problem i only turn the EE down a notch its fully playable then but without a doubt im definatly buying a 4790k for my next build lol
I wouldn't buy an old CPU for your next build, I would get a 7700K personally, then overclock that to 5Ghz (which most do), that would rip through most games no problem. Of course if you aren't upgrading for a while, it could be worth seeing what they come out with next, now they have competition Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-05-2017, 10:51 AM)refraction Wrote: I wouldn't buy an old CPU for your next build, I would get a 7700K personally, then overclock that to 5Ghz (which most do), that would rip through most games no problem.  Of course if you aren't upgrading for a while, it could be worth seeing what they come out with next, now they have competition Smile

hmm i suppose your right thinking it wouldnt really be worth going back to an older architecture lol but im sure PCSX2 benefits for the single core performance aswell but ill see about that 7700k but at the same time i sort of want to wait for intels coffee lake CPU,s i do play on this emulator alot though so i need to find the right CPU thats powerful enough to handle most games on this emulator with ease i know the Need for speed games are CPU intensive on this emulator as well i have noticed performance being better with the new dev builds so im happy you guys are doing your best for this emulator  Smile  i think my problem is to do with the CPU though some games are probably just more demanding on the emulator than others it actually says on the wiki the games CPU intensive. but ill wait and see how well intel does with their next line of processors.