keep monitor alive?
Question 
hey guys i'm posting this here simply because i think this would be something which could be implemented faster in the playground version, though it affects all pcsx2 versions

i have the power saving for my monitor turned on, so if my pc is idle for 5 min the monitor goes into standby mode, the thing is some applications don't really required user intervention, like watching a movie, that means after 5 min of watching a movie the screen turns off, obviously this doesn't happen because the applications running the video have something to keep the monitor alive

since i'm playing with my joypad my pc thinks i'm idle and after 5 min of playing the monitor shuts down, i'm pretty sure this is something very easy to implement... i could turn that option off and on every time, but thats a hassle because the very reason why i have it turned on its because i keep forgetting to turn off my monitor when i'm away from the pc but do want it to be on

cheers
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]

Sponsored links

Use lilypad ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2388.html ) and check disable screensaver.That does it for me Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
thx a ton, the reason i wasn't using lilypad was because i couldn't configure the d-pad, everytime i tried to configure the next d-pad button it would only change the previous one and not the one selected, but i gave it a second try i solved the problem by clicking on axis button between buttons configurations (this only happens on the d-pad)
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]