lagging
can some someone explain to me what i need to do to get my program to work i have a HP 2000 8gb ram and windows 8 and the emulator will not run my game i need help
thanks

Sponsored links

See my short configuration guide in my sig Smile
Quote:can some someone explain to me what i need to do to get my program to work i have a HP 2000 8gb ram and windows 8 and the emulator will not run my game i need help
thanks

Please also add...what is your cpu and gpu? What specifically is your problem? What game(s)?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Doing a little research, the HP-2000 is actually a very broad line of budget laptops ranging from the pitiful (AMD-E series) to the okay (low clocked i5's). All varieties use integrated graphics.

Your laptop has the perfect trifecta for bad PCSX2 performance... Laptop (generally weaker/slower parts, un-overclockable, power management automatically throttles down CPU performance in many situations), integrated graphics (low memory bandwidth, slow in general), and low clocked CPU (easily the most important part of emulating the PS2 since the entire thing is very CPU heavy).

About the only solution is to try the speed hacks, lower your internal resolution in the graphics plugin to native, and only play games that are very simple to emulate (disgaea and many other 2D games, and simple 3D games like Kingdom Hearts 1 and FFX)
[Image: 2748844.png]
well, depending on the CPU it MAY be salvagable

@preet: there's more than just your guide floating about..