linux betas
why are there no linux betas like there are windows ones?

Sponsored links

Because the betas are my own effort. I prepare them, I test them as much as I can, I put them up. No other project member has a hand in that. And since I do not have linux I do not create betas for linux.

Besides, arcum said he'd put some up once he feels they were stable again. Until then, linux users will have to compile their own versions.
(04-29-2009, 04:25 PM)Krakatos Wrote: 1: Because the betas are my own effort.

2: Besides, arcum said he'd put some up once he feels they were stable again.

1: ah. this I did not know. it's nice that you do

2: lookin forward to it. compiling is a pain on linux. (even normal appsthat should be easy are often not)
Linux is also a pain in that each distribution generally needs to be built separately. Pcsx2 is free enough of outside dependencies that a pre-built one *might* work on most linux distros -- the main dependency being GTK+, which afaik is pretty standard stuff these days.

But still, even then the best option is compiling.

Our work on the linux size is improving it though. The new wxWidgets version of Pcsx2 should end up being a lot easier to compile. It's just going to be some weeks yet until it's done.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(04-29-2009, 04:39 PM)Air Wrote: Linux is also a pain in that each distribution generally needs to be built separately. Pcsx2 is free enough of outside dependencies that a pre-built one *might* work on most linux distros -- the main dependency being GTK+, which afaik is pretty standard stuff these days.

But still, even then the best option is compiling.

Our work on the linux size is improving it though. The new wxWidgets version of Pcsx2 should end up being a lot easier to compile. It's just going to be some weeks yet until it's done.

most users use ubuntu, fedora or gentoo. (so I've noticed many places) apps that are not .deb/rpm sem o wrk on any distro I've tried. as long isitmaches x86 to x86 and x64 to x64 but does not cross