loading issues
this is um my first post so i guess i might not be very detailed.

i downloaded pcsx2 0.9.8 sometime last year and it worked fine (McAfee antivirus). After the McAfee license ended i tried running pcsx2 and got some DEP message, blocking pcsx2 from running and i gave up trying. So about 6 months or so later (now), i reformatted my computer and was able to run pcsx2 again (settings were backed up), DEP did not block it (Norton antivirus), it was perfect with Emulator Setting> Preset 2 (works 30% faster than preset 1), except for 1 little issue -

I running the game from CD and putting emulator on plugins to run it

The game i was playing was Kingdom Hearts 2 and no matter which doorway (i.e: room A > room B) the pcsx2 mysteriously stops responding the moment i walk through it. Pause menu, mini games loading work fine however.This issue did not appear the previous time (6mths ago) i used pcsx.2

*I did give the doorway thing 15mins to load in case it was a slowness issue. It did not load.

Sponsored links

Tried turning off speed hacks? Tried making an ISO image of your game and running that directly?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-02-2012, 03:39 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tried turning off speed hacks? Tried making an ISO image of your game and running that directly?

I tried it 1st without speed hacks then with. No difference. ISO image no i haven't tried it. Not exactly rich enough to buy a program i don't use. I guess i havent tried uninstalling thn reinstalling it. maybe it would work then. i'll let u know if it doesnt

Edit: reinstalling apparently didn't work
We all use imgburn which is 100% free and a great program to make ISOs of your disc Wink Also make sure you are not loading from a saved state but from a memory card
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-02-2012, 03:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: We all use imgburn which is 100% free and a great program to make ISOs of your disc Wink Also make sure you are not loading from a saved state but from a memory card

Sorry for the epicly late reply I was busy with school and so on.Its the start of my school holidays so i got back to gaming. A thousand thanks for ur help Biggrin