logo is missing?
well, I got the linux binaries from the site, and got it to open at least. and I get this:
Code:
saiki@saiki-desktop:~/pcsx2$ sudo ./pcsx2

F1 - save state

(Shift +) F2 - cycle states

F3 - load state

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 28 2009

Savestate version: 8b400004

x86Init:

CPU vendor name =  GenuineIntel
    FamilyID  =  d
    x86Family =  Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2200  @ 2.20GHz
    CPU speed =  2.202 Ghz
    Cores     =  2 physical [2 logical]
    x86PType  =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags  =  bfebfbff 0000e39d
    x86EFlags =  20100000

Features:

Detected MMX
    Detected SSE
    Detected SSE2
    Detected SSE3
    Detected SSSE3
    Not Detected SSE4.1

** (<unknown>:6782): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: pcsxAbout.bmp
Disabling game slots until a game is loaded.

PCSX2 Quitting  (I quit it myself, not playing anything on it just yet)

anyone know why this happens?

Sponsored links

The file is missing I suppose from the source?
it's an official build. it shouldn't be
(04-27-2009, 04:20 AM)Saiki Wrote: it's an official build. it shouldn't be

Well, it's possible nobody bothered to test it.
Yup, the bitmap is missing from the linux distro. A bit of an oopsie on the part of our linux management team. It's available on the svn, of course. Just drop pcsxAbout.bmp into the pcsx2 folder and it'll come up. Or just run it without the background image. That's what I've been doing. Smile

Edit: also, remember this is a forum, not a chat room. Keep the clutter down or at the very least turn off your sigs when making 2 word posts, or something.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(04-27-2009, 04:23 AM)Air Wrote: Yup, the bitmap is missing from the linux distro. A bit of an oopsie on the part of our linux management team. It's available on the svn, of course. Just drop pcsxAbout.bmp into the pcsx2 folder and it'll come up. Or just run it without the background image. That's what I've been doing. Smile

Shame on the linux management team Wink
(04-27-2009, 04:23 AM)Air Wrote: Yup, the bitmap is missing from the linux distro. A bit of an oopsie on the part of our linux management team. It's available on the svn, of course. Just drop pcsxAbout.bmp into the pcsx2 folder and it'll come up. Or just run it without the background image. That's what I've been doing. Smile
so I could use any logo in the folder and it'd work? (correctly named of course though)
Considering how broken the Linux build is right now, I didn't bother reporting it.
I'd love to somehow create a deb file for PCSX2 (at least Stable builds.)

I'm very OCD and need everything in it's right place, and don't like compiling from source. I would build debs, but I'm not exactly sure how. Blush

Edit: also, remember this is a forum, not a chat room. Keep the clutter down or at the very least turn off your sigs when making 2 word posts, or something.

that doesn't solve it, I still get the same error, justa different number

@edit: sorry, I tend to forget