lookin at laptops
I am new to the ps2 emu scene and require some minor info...

now normally I would try myself but im not sure if I wanna get this laptop then try because its just a pain so...

my questions are

does this lappy meet the specs to play FF12 and others like it at a decent fps.

OS vista 64 SP1
AMD X2 ultra 2.1 ghz
2mb cache
4 gig'o ram (typeTongueC6400 DDR2 SDRAM)
ati 3100 HD (direct x 10, pixel shader 4.0)
Video mem of 256-1519MB dynamically allocated shared

I really just wanna play my ps2 games on the go or in spare time so please if you are able at your convenience respond and thanks will be delivered quite promptly. [/align]

Sponsored links

Not likely.
Ninja
btw its a toshiba satellite if it matters at all
A simple answer, you can not play well game FFXII with specs like that except your cpu dualcore at.3ghz or for the best at.4ghz and have good grapich card and NOT an onboard. But now the question is we meet in the world the laptop in that clock?, maybe in 2011 year and not in present day or anyone can overclock cpu in the laptop?
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
laptops are generally weaker than pcs so you won't get good performance, especially with an onboard graphics card.
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
If you want a laptop just to be able to play PCSX2 then you will need one with a very fast CPU clocked at 3GHz or more and a powerful graphics card like an 8800GT or 9800GT.
And such laptops are very expensive.
That laptop maybe able to play pc games but not pcsx2.
One more, Do not see well performance or not about computer or laptop depend in Brand name (Asus, Thosiba, Acer etc) because that is pure related to Hardware and not the brand name. *sigh*
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Lappy with Core2Duo clocked at around 3GHz should be enough, but your video will have to support DX10+ hardware... Then it's possible.
Personally I think it's not wise to buy a laptop for PCSX2...

Don't know what do they fit laptops with these days, but lappy videos are generally much weaker than their older brothers with shared memory to inflict alot of pain on your system when running games at high resolutions etc...
dang... TY for all the info guys ive decided on a no for now! well a no on this one lol
Hmm those specs are like mine and I play 2D games with some 3D ones... SH2 and warriors orochi 2.

I have not yet tried to run FF12....
[Image: Sig3copy.gif]