looking for technical advice PLEASE
(03-01-2018, 09:40 PM)kev03 Wrote: i have not tried will try that now. i just toggle tjhat with F9 correct?

wow okay cool i will try that now THANK YOU! hopefully it works

YEEES!!! running waaay faster almost perfectly thank you! will see if this helps with my other games.

(03-01-2018, 09:32 PM)wheninrome Wrote: Did you try running it in software mode? it may run faster.

HUGE DIFFERENCE! i think this is what did the trick hey! running almost perfectly! cant wait to try this out on my other games! thank you again

Sponsored links

yeah you seriously need a graphics card Tongue

Also what do you have the "extra rendering threads" set to in GSDX? it should be optimal around 3, might run slightly faster with a few more but generally it degrades past there.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-01-2018, 10:12 PM)refraction Wrote: yeah you seriously need a graphics card Tongue

Also what do you have the "extra rendering threads" set to in GSDX? it should be optimal around 3, might run slightly faster with a few more but generally it degrades past there.
sorry for being a jnoob but ive just checked settings and cant seem to find that setting where is it?
(03-02-2018, 12:22 PM)kev03 Wrote: sorry for being a jnoob but ive just checked settings and cant seem to find that setting where is it?
Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, make sure Renderer is set to one of the "(Software)" options. The Renderering Threads option is near the bottom of the window at Software Renderer Settings.
(03-01-2018, 09:38 PM)refraction Wrote: get the latest development build from here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Once you have it installed, make sure the MTVU speedhack is enabled and also go in to GSDX and enable MipMapping, you may want to use one of the hardware renderers with that (dx11 or OpenGL only)

ive done all of the above except the hardware rendering, how do i do that?
(03-02-2018, 01:07 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, make sure Renderer is set to one of the "(Software)" options. The Renderering Threads option is near the bottom of the window at Software Renderer Settings.

thanks!
I just dont understand how ive bought literally the latest hardware thats just come out in 2018 which can run high res, good graphics new games no problem, but I try emulate an old low graphics game like NFS U2 from 2004 which a console from like 2002 can handle but apparently cant?? yes im a noob but it just doewsnt make sense. im gonna attach my logs again if that helps anyone to see any faults or something.

[attachment=65885 Wrote:kev03 pid='582019' dateline='1519991734']I just dont understand how ive bought literally the latest hardware thats just come out in 2018 which can run high res, good graphics new games no problem, but I try emulate an old low graphics game like NFS U2 from 2004 which a console from like 2002 can handle but apparently cant?? yes im a noob but it just doewsnt make sense. im gonna attach my logs again if that helps anyone to see any faults or something.

very frustrated. Sad

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 2,06 KB / Downloads: 103)
(03-02-2018, 01:55 PM)kev03 Wrote: I just dont understand how ive bought literally the latest hardware thats just come out in 2018 which can run high res, good graphics new games no problem, but I try emulate an old low graphics game like NFS U2 from 2004 which a console from like 2002 can handle but apparently cant?? yes im a noob but it just doewsnt make sense. im gonna attach my logs again if that helps anyone to see any faults or something.

very frustrated. Sad

also just to carry on with my rant... why does Burnout which is also a racing games with waaay better graphics run PERFECTLY! whyyyyyyyyyy???? Sad Sad Sad Sad
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go