low framerate even with constant 60fps with burnout 3 and ssx 3
Yes it does. Never goes under 59,8 or something.

Sponsored links

do you happen to have frameskipping enabled ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Nope, it's greyed out by default.
Couldn't exactly tell you if it's a pcsx2 problem or not since I never tried those games on my PS2...

Maybe that's how it was on the real PS2, then ?
And the Xbox version was then better ?
Maybe, but I read a lot of reviews and they all praised burnout 3 on ps2 for it's phenomenal graphics and smooth framerate. I know that youtube videos can be kind of misleading when it comes to framerate but all videos of people playing burnout 3 on pcsx2 and real hardware have much better framerate than I do.

I guess I will just play SSX 3 and Burnout 3 on xbox 360 then, graphics look like crap compared to pcsx2 but I'll take performance over graphics anytime. Really hate how pcsx2 dangles this amazing graphics in front of me, only to spoil everything with abysmal framerate.
Quote: know that youtube videos can be kind of misleading when it comes to framerate but all videos of people playing burnout 3 on pcsx2 and real hardware have much better framerate than I do.
Maybe those people aren't too demanding with what emulation has to offer...
Something else I forgot : you may have some kind of auto-throttling on your CPU when it heats up too much ?
Or maybe it's a side effect of intel speedstep ?
i could try turning off speedstep in bios, but my cpu temperature is rock solid, never goes over 60 degree.
Okay, now this strange frame drops/slow downs are present in all the games that I play, PCSX2 has become absolutely useless for me. Guess I'll just buy a new ps2 and play the games on real hardware.
could ba a good idea to reset settings and try again ?
Thanks, I did that, unfortunately it didn't help either. I'm really frustrated with pcsx2, it is a great emulator for sure and it works just fine for so many users, but my track record with this emulator is nothing but disappointing. Maybe it's the nvidia drivers or something. I'll wait till the next pcsx2 stable release and maybe try it out again at some time in the future, but for now I'm sticking to real hardware. I'd rather spend my time playing ps2 games than messing with this emulator for days and hours to no avail.