low framerate even with constant 60fps with burnout 3 and ssx 3
So my pcsx2  framerate is supposed to be at constant 60 fps according to fraps, but burnout 3 and ssx 3 feel very choppy and laggy nonetheless. I realize that in-game framerate of ps2 games is less than 60 fps.

However even on a real ps2 burnout 3 seems to run a lot better that on my rig. I compared my framerate with a video of burnout 3 on real hardware and my framerate is definitely a lot worse. On a real ps2 burnout 3 waterfront musce car grand prix is well playable and on my system it turns into a slideshow, with frame drops as soon as more cars appear on screen.

Same with SSX 3.

I tried everything, changing video plugins, resolutions, turning speedhacks on and off and nothing seemed to help. I have no idea how to fix this and would appreciate any input.  My usual graphic settings are 4x internal resolution, 4x anisotropic filtering, no shaders, no hacks, nothing too fancy.

My cpu is i7-3820 3.6 ghz and gpu is gtx 1070, 16 gb ram + ssd. Using the newest dev build of pcx2.

Sponsored links

Did further testing to confirm my suspicions and turns out it's even worse than i thought. I can play ssx 3 and burnout 3 on my xbox 360 with backwards compatibility and the framerate is absolutely smooth, no drops at all. Burnout 3 feels like a completely different game with consistent framerate. 

So at this moment pcsx2 has worse framerate than original hardware for me,  even in native resolution. This framerate issues are hard to figure out because every overlay shows constant 60fps. 

I just can't figure out why pcsx2 is performing so badly on my system.
Quote:I can play ssx 3 and burnout 3 on my xbox 360 with backwards compatibility and the framerate is absolutely smooth, no drops at all.

So at this moment pcsx2 has worse framerate than original hardware for me,
Er...
can you please explain how it is logic ?
How did you play your PS2 games on an X360 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ps2 and xbox version's framerate are almost the same for burnout 3 and ssx 3, the Xbox has slightly better graphics, that's it.
i never claimed to play ps2 games on 360, i have both games for ps2 and xbox.
still.
When you simply play your PS2 Burnout 3 & SSX3 in your PS2 do you get the same results ?
unfortunately my ps2 console's disk drive is busted, that's how i came to use pcsx2 in the first place.
hm...
what do the EE% & gs% display when you get bad framerates ?
ee and gs values mostly stay the same as throughout the non laggy parts of the race, they both are somewhere between 45 and 72. Increasing EE Cyclerate value in settings seems to generate more lag.
weird.
does the fps counter at the top of gsdx window keep floating around 60 fps ?