mesa_amd_buggy_driver
Decided to do some more hacking on the project, so I pulled master and discovered my output now looks like the attached.  Small picture in the upper right streaking out to fill the reset of the screen.  I did a git bisect to figure out where things broke and this commit did it:

Code:
commit 52e3c3516d5016ef93f466c981b0c2915fab6380
Author: Gregory Hainaut <[email protected]>
Date:   Thu Apr 7 22:11:35 2016 +0200

gsdx-ogl: GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects is now mandatory

Which removes this bit:

Code:
-                               if (ext.compare("GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects") == 0) {
-                                       if (!fglrx_buggy_driver && !mesa_amd_buggy_driver && !intel_buggy_driver) found_GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects = true;
-                                       else fprintf(stderr, "Buggy driver detected, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects will be disabled\n"
-#ifdef __linux__
-                                                       "Note the extension will be fixed on Mesa 11.2 or 11.1.2.\n"
-#endif
-                                                       "AMD proprietary driver => https://community.amd.com/thread/194895\n"
-                                                       "If you want to try it, you can set the variable override_GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects to 1 in the ini file\n");
-                               }

I'm running Mesa 11.0.4 and XOrg's radeon 7.4.  Does anyone happen to know if my problem is the one referred to in the comment and what version of Mesa/radeon it's fixed in?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

probably
Mesa 11.1.2
http://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/11.1.2.html
You can lookup me (gregory) in author patch to detect which version contains the fix. However, geometry shader was fixed later (but it can still be disabled). The best will be to go to 11.2 (or 11.1.3).

What is your distribution?
I'm running Ubuntu Trusty (14.04), hacked up with various ppa's to get newer software and some custom build packages. I'll see if I can find a ppa for 11.2 (or 11.1.3), but I feel like I'm going to have to compile this one myself.
Did you check backport stuff ? I think I have a more recent version on Debian Jessie (which is close of Ubuntu 14.04).
Didn't see anything in the backports, but I did find a ppa with 11.3, that fixed up the problem thanks.