mgs3 gets stuck
Hello guys, i am new here, just finding your proyect. i never thought i would be playing my old ps2 games on my computer! Runs a little slow for my system (core 2 duo 3.0 ghz, 4 gb ram, win 7 64 rc, ati radeon 4850) but so far i have been able to play all right.

The problem, is that i am getting stuck on certain part of metal gear solid 3 (standard english version), exactly when i enter the area called "BOLSHAYA PAST BASE" (where you face ocelot). I don't get a message, or crash, or anything, just the black screen with the letters that i am entering that area.

I have tried virtually every configuration option out there, windowed, full screen, native resolution, directx 9, 10, sse 4.1, sse 2, GSdx plugin, default cycle rate, bios 2.00, etc.

I am using the latest official stable version but i have also tried the latest public beta. Is there something i can do to let the game continue?

Sponsored links

did you tryed software mod in gsdx?
(09-13-2009, 10:21 PM)coder_fx Wrote: did you tryed software mod in gsdx?

software renderer just makes the emulator freeze on both directx 10 and 9 on my system.

Edit: nevermind, it does the same as using hardware acceleration, just makes "bolshaya past base" text appear on a black screen and does nothing else
another thing that happens is that if i press start or select, the game freezes. This only happens on the screen just before entering the area that makes the emulator freeze, because i could use those buttons on other areas.
are there any errors/warnings shown in your pcsx2 console window or in the emulog.txt? already tried with all speed hacks disabled? did you change anything in the advanced config of pcsx2? tried both running the game as iso and with the game disc?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
tried micro VU? I passed it with microVU on and linuxiso 0.9.0
i started the game as always, but without loading my saved state (F3). Instead, i loaded the game from the memcard (which i saved an area behind) and did that area without saving the state (F1) and i was able to pass! Who knows, i have a feeling this will happen on any random area if i save the game. I will try saving from the game itself instead of using the save state feature
well, it's always a good idea to use both methods. sometimes a clamping error happens several minutes (or even hours) before it causes the game to get stuck, a savestate will retain this error, a load from memcard not. but it's still a very useful feature to be able to save virtually everywhere Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403