minor artifacting at non-native resolutions -- any fix?
I know that upscaling can cause artifacts and is a well known issue, but I noticed most of the times these are very few but appear in noticeable places. No combination of HW hacks or offset or custom resolution has been able to get rid of them that I've found, and I've tried a large number of them. The artifacts appear on any resolution other than native. In Kingdom Hearts the currently selected action shows a horizontal line, and on Mega Man X Collection, when playing Mega Man X2 there are vertical artifacts when running to the right (looks okay running to the left). The games are still very playable, but thought it would be cool if there were some hack to fix these. (I know MMX collection the upscaling isn't going to do much/anything, I just like using this game to dial in my video settings when I'm having issues). Just posting this info here in case it's interesting to other people/the devs.

Anyway, emulator works AMAZING. Kudos guys, really enjoy being able to pop in my old PS2 games.

Windows 7, 64-bit
i7 3770k, NVIDIA 670FTW
PCSX2 1.3.1-20150404012146 (git) (happens in older official builds, too)
GSdx AVX
D3D11 Hardware, switching between 1x Native and 3x Native, all other options unchecked. (D3D9 and OpenGL show same artifacts. Not reproducible in SW mode because SW mode does not allow upscaling)

Kingdom Hearts (SLUS_203.70)

.png   kh-artifact.png (Size: 919,5 KB / Downloads: 1.462)

Megaman X Collection (SLUS_213.70)

.png   mmx collection-artifact.png (Size: 244,97 KB / Downloads: 1.108)

Sponsored links

Try turning texture filtering to half(shaded, 3d only).

Other than that, not really.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
texture filtering won't do anything. There isn't anything that can be done. Later on in the game, you'll notice that the HP bar will be segmented as well
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah that's pretty much what I thought. (EDIT: only fixes the artifact when the 1st or 3rd slot are selected. Some other resolution settings will fix the artifact when the 2nd or 4th slot is selected) I just experimented around some more and found out I could actually make the horizontal line artifact disappear in Kingdom Hearts with 3x native scaling turned on by running not in full-screen with the GS window set to very specific resolutions. (height set high, width set to one of: 706,728,754,760,765,776,787,802,835) This only works with texture filtering set to off -- it's also been my experience that AS and MSAA both often introduce glitchy graphics no matter what you're playing. So it's running in 835x627 GS window without the horizontal line at 3x native. Not sure if that would fix the segmented HP bar or not. (guessing not, since these artifacts are probably all different issue)
MSAA works fine in several games without glitching. But there are also many it glitches.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Maybe we will have soon a general solution to upscaling glitches. A dev is currently working on it and it really looks promising. So come back in a couple of days/weeks.
(04-04-2015, 11:08 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: MSAA works fine in several games without glitching. But there are also many it glitches.

I can believe this. But in the games I'm playing, MSAA introduces the exact same glitches as increasing the D3D internal resolution. This is expected behavior (I believe) because MSAA works by rendering portions at a higher resolution. So if MSAA works without glitching then 2x-4x native resolution should work without glitches as well?

AS seems to be fine, except you have to turn on (half) texture filtering to use it, and sometimes that introduces issues as well (not nearly as often, though)
try the latest development builds (the one of gregory) and check whether the problem persists.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Ah, I found the GSdx thread and now have reading material until the end of time. Smile I will post back later when the pieces fall into place for you guys. I also have Tekken / Soul Calibur titles so, psyched for Gregory's changes!

Edit: I think I have the latest development build changes but there is no GUI option for the everchanging hacks yet? Is there an ini example of what works with Namco games?

Edit Again: Got it working on Namco games, ini below. (AWESOME) Still have the glitches in KH and MMX though.
Code:
[Settings]
UserHacks_MSAA=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SpriteHack=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=2
UserHacks_WildHack=0
UserHacks_AggressiveCRC=0
UserHacks_AlphaStencil=0
UserHacks_NVIDIAHack=1
UserHacks_DisableCrcHacks=0
UserHacks_TCOffset=0
UserHacks_align_sprite_X=1
Adapter=default
ModeWidth=720
ModeHeight=480
ModeRefreshRate=60
Renderer=3
Interlace=7
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=4
MaxAnisotropy=16
windowed=1
filter=2
paltex=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
nativeres=0
resx=300
resy=600
extrathreads=4
AnisotropicFiltering=0
ShadeBoost=0
Fxaa=0
shaderfx=0
shaderfx_conf=shaders/GSdx_FX_Settings.ini
shaderfx_glsl=shaders/GSdx.fx
UserHacks=1
ShadeBoost_Contrast=50
ShadeBoost_Brightness=50
ShadeBoost_Saturation=50
vsync=0
TVShader=1
Are the present glitches in KH and MMX in vertical or horizontal direction?