missing gsdx.ini
Having just installed and setup pcsx2 for the first time i'm running into a problem with one game, Burnout3:Takedown. Having read the forums I know I need to edit the gsdx.ini file to allowhacks and set skip draw to 3 or 4. However i cannot locate the ini file at all. In my inis folder i have:

dev9null
fwnull
lillypad
pcsx2
spu2-x
usbnull

I tried creating a new file and naming is gsdx.ini and adding the AllowHacks=1 to it but that hasnt added the 3 options to the plugin config that i can see.

Any assistance with this appreciated,

Dan

Sponsored links

The gsdx.ini is create when you at least ones enter in the GSdx settings window and hit OK.
(01-23-2011, 09:45 PM)vsub Wrote: The gsdx.ini is create when you at least ones enter in the GSdx settings window and hit OK.

Ah, that worked. I had gone into that screen but had not hit ok as the settings were how i wanted them, but now the ini file is created and everythig is working as best it should, thanks again!
I did that and I can't seem to make it work? I've been trying changing settings all around in it and they're saved, but not in the inis folder? I don't know what's going on...
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Try looking in your "Documents/PCSX2" folder maybe, they must be getting saved somewhere Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Right, thats where it was being saved. I wish it was saved to the folder I specified instead of C:/ however :\

I can't find anything to force it to the install folder instead like it used to. Ah w/e. At least it works now.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Create a new file with notepad, save it as portable.ini and put it in the PCSX2 root folder. That will do it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Still, there is no problem the inis, saves and control files in general being saved under the Documents folder, what should never happen is "installing" applications there.
Imagination is where we are truly real