modding game music
Is there any way to modify the music files of a game? I am playing Tokyo xtreme racer drift 2 and the menu music is great while the racing music is horrible. I want to either mod or atleast get rid of the music during races. (the game does not have separate options for game/menu music volume)

Sponsored links

You could always turn off the sound plugin if you go to Config > Audio > Plugin Settings > Output Settings > None. Ofcourse that will switch off all the sound including car sounds. Otherwise I think it's a tad too difficult to strip music from a disc.
If you really want to, then the first thing to note is that PS2 sounds are in .ss2 file typically. Use Apache3.0 to extract the game files from its disc or image of it (while it's mounted to a virtual drive). You will also need MFAudio. Make sure your music files are in .wav format and convert it to .ss2 compressed ADPCM format. Then, put them in the same folder as your extracted bgm folder and replace them with the same naming convention. Then, use Apache3.0 to create a new iso image. Note that if you use cheats, the CRC will change. The cheat codes might also have to be altered and you might need to make a new widescreen hack if you use them. However, I never have done this myself before as I encountered this topic only when trying to rip music files from my games.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(05-01-2019, 09:58 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: If you really want to, then the first thing to note is that PS2 sounds are in .ss2 file typically. Use Apache3.0 to extract the game files from its disc or image of it (while it's mounted to a virtual drive). You will also need MFAudio. Make sure your music files are in .wav format and convert it to .ss2 compressed ADPCM format. Then, put them in the same folder as your extracted bgm folder and replace them with the same naming convention. Then, use Apache3.0 to create a new iso image. Note that if you use cheats, the CRC will change. The cheat codes might also have to be altered and you might need to make a new widescreen hack if you use them. However, I never have done this myself before as I encountered this topic only when trying to rip music files from my games.

Thanks I,ll try to do this.
I don't think I can help you with anything. But I have to agree that the music is superb. I've always liked the soundtrack in games. Over time, I started to get interested in this topic and learned to create different sounds for games. One day a close friend decided to make a game and asked me to complete all the soundtrack. And I agreed. The first thing I decided to do was change my laptop. Only because of the weak notebook, I could not use professional track applications. On the Internet, I found a lot of these, and it isn't easy to choose. Somehow I came across https://www.itsaboutmusic.com/best-lapto...production, where I found some more information. After purchasing new equipment, I started making music for a friend's game. In general, it took us about 6-7 months to create everything. But the game came out fantastic! This game is our first achievement. We will continue to develop in this direction.