more cores or faster for better performance
just wonder is a cpu with more cores better than 1 with faster cores when it comes to this emulator or does it depend on the game

Sponsored links

faster cores except in some games where dual cores are going to be slower.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
so i should be fine with my 5ghz quad core then, thanks XD
a dual-core with faster threading performance compare to the quad core with lowered thread performance is equal in performance . except in some cases where cores matters more .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(01-17-2015, 05:35 AM)starweaver Wrote: so i should be fine with my 5ghz quad core then, thanks XD
Don't just decide it by its clockspeed. Check the stp of the processor to understand how it will perform in pcsx2.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-17-2015, 05:35 AM)starweaver Wrote: so i should be fine with my 5ghz quad core then, thanks XD

It depends on the specific processor. For example, a 4GHz intel is about as fast as a 5GHz AMD processor.
(01-17-2015, 06:58 PM)dogen Wrote: It depends on the specific processor. For example, a 4GHz intel is about as fast as a 5GHz AMD processor.
The brand doesn't matter, only the Stp of the processors matter. AMD may release any processor with good stp on the future so, that statement is wrong.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-17-2015, 06:58 PM)dogen Wrote: It depends on the specific processor. For example, a 4GHz intel is about as fast as a 5GHz AMD processor.

And even with current CPUs, the comparison is not correct.

It's more like 3.5Ghz Intel = 5.2Ghz AMD, at least as far as STP is concerned.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-17-2015, 11:27 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: And even with current CPUs, the comparison is not correct.

It's more like 3.5Ghz Intel = 5.2Ghz AMD, at least as far as STP is concerned.

I was just approximating, but yeah, I think it's often more than a 1GHz gap.
(01-17-2015, 11:27 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It's more like 3.5Ghz Intel = 5.2Ghz AMD, at least as far as STP is concerned.

I think this is about right. 6 cores of an AMD CPU are approximate to 4 cores of an Intel CPU. Or a 1 GHz Intel CPU is approximate to a 1.5 GHz AMD CPU.