mtvu hack question
Under the presumption I got from everyone that recommended this is that it runs on another thread on you CPU. My question is if I turn off hyperthreading on my CPU will it still run the MTVU hack like its running on a third core. Reasons i'm asking is because I am trying to reduce the heat my cpu is producing and I have read serveral threads that turning off the Hyperthreading can do this.
[Image: emja0x-6.png]

Sponsored links

if you turn off hyperthreading, you'll be limited to however many Physical cores you have, if you have an i7 with 8 logical cores, then you have 4 Physical cores and MTVU should still work, if you have a dual core with four threads, don't disable hyperthreading+^_^+ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading
Signature purposefully left blank.
I am currently running an i7 2600k processor, and I am getting 65 degrees celsius~ with max stress testing, I just want to reduce it and I think that from what I have read the hyperthreading can be turned off to reduce the high temps so I was considering doing it. the only programs I run on my computer are WoW, and few other games and PCSX2 which none of them ever reach max capacity on my cpu so having 8 logical threads doesn't increase the performance or so I would think.
if you want to run it in software mode, you can tell pcsx2 to use as many SW threads as you want to. In that case, more than 4 cores may be useful.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-11-2012, 10:46 AM)Flokk Wrote: I am currently running an i7 2600k processor, and I am getting 65 degrees celsius~ with max stress testing, I just want to reduce it and I think that from what I have read the hyperthreading can be turned off to reduce the high temps so I was considering doing it. the only programs I run on my computer are WoW, and few other games and PCSX2 which none of them ever reach max capacity on my cpu so having 8 logical threads doesn't increase the performance or so I would think.
65° under stress testing isn't too bad, not bad enough for me to turn off hyper-threading+^_^+ it's when you hit the 70-80° mark that you should be scared (with a desktop anyway, laptops these days like to run hot. 61° idle state at stock frequencies for mine)
I think it was more for me to push the OC even higher than 4.9 more so than anything but yeah, I understand. I think i'm gonna just try it and see how PCSX2 and wow run and then decide from there what I want too do.
(03-11-2012, 11:18 AM)Flokk Wrote: I think it was more for me to push the OC even higher than 4.9 more so than anything but yeah, I understand. I think i'm gonna just try it and see how PCSX2 and wow run and then decide from there what I want too do.

Ok! best of luck!! although considering what you play (WoW, PCSX2) isn't 4.79 GHz more then enough? (I'd give for that, i can barely maintain 60FPS at native as it is, still better then my PS2 though! i5-2410 on a mobo that can't be OCed by any means... can't wait to build a new rig+^_^+)
I don't like using CPU-Z's that get rejected don't know why it is rejecting it when I have the OC at 4.9 ghz, it is good enough I just have this rig to play around with and use until i get my ~new~ rig in April, but assuming yes it is good enough I just want to see what more I can do and right now 60 - 65 degrees is the highest I am willing to go in temp before stopping. So It's really more of a dry run for me. But I still want to be able to run the games I plan on running only on the rig without issue and about 90% of my time now has gone to pcsx2 I can't get enough of the old games I used to play xD. So that's why I am asking about the HT for this specifically i could care less if wow runs slower with it off. Also I gave you a rep up you're really helpful!
Turning off hyper-threading will cool your cpu down around 5c but if your only getting 65s under full load then i dot see a reason too. My laptop gets up to 80c under full load and its happy to sit there for hours, so i wouldn't worry Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
hyperthreading disabled can drop a processor a good 15c with the right cooling