Poll: Has this happened to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
3 37.50%
No
62.50%
5 62.50%
It did and I fixed it
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

my computer crashes after loading an iso in any pcsx2 version including 0.9.7 r3113
once i get a new hard drive i will as i need to back up allot of files that are more important than games to me, as recovering them after the last reformat was a pain and they hold all my info for me as my memory is not even close to the best or the worst. but the biggest reason i have to wait is that the files take up almost my entire 750GB hard drive and backing up that much at once online with comcast is near impossible with the 250GB cap. so until i get a external backup drive, a new larger(preferably 2tb) hard drive, or some miracle program to shrink my hard drive to just under 250GB I'll have to wait on the reformat.

also my computer crashed again while using pcsx2 but not in anything else i did today or all last night when i had it on.

and this time it's not a virus as Norton is in aggressive mode with trust turned off which gives false positive allot and it hasn't detected anything yet. so it's either a hard drive problem or something to do with sptd not being able to be removed when i have no programs that use it installed on my computer(but at least it's disabled.)
Take a look at what Naruto is really like. XD
just click for a better quality version.
[Image: g15g5-gif]

Sponsored links

You can try unplugging your Ethernet cable (or disabling wireless if you have that) on your PC, and shut down norton completely (and any other background apps) before you even open pcsx2.

I can't say if symantec has improved in the last 2 years or not, as i finally stopped using their products then, but it has been my experience that they make crappy software...

I do agree with the others though, in that you need to reinstall your OS, cause when AV software finds and removes stuff, it usually just deletes infected system files outright, and doesn't replace them with working ones, or simply just screws them up in other ways, and can also butcher your registry in the process.

I also agree with the suggestions that some of your issues may be related to hardware failure.
I wouldn't be surprised if the death of your old card damaged your motherboard (and possibly everything attached to it at the time) in some way.
At the very least, you might want to invest in a new PCI or PCIe Ethernet Card, or wireless adapter, after you get that new Hard Drive your saving up for, if you still can't connect to Windows Update properly, after you reinstall your OS.

In the short term, you can ask your techie friends/family to run some integrity tests on your power supply, so you can confirm that it's outputting the rated amps at the proper voltages.

If you have another UPS around the house, you can try running your PC through it, instead of your existing one.

By the way, if all you've been using so far is a simple surge protector (I kinda doubt you have been, with that sweet rig you have there; ya might need to OC your CPU though, but only after ya get a stable system first.), that can be causing your problems too. I'd definately reccomend replacing it with an UPS.

Anywho, that's my 2 Gil !
I hope this advice, and the good stuff others have suggested, can help ya resolve your issues, cause PCSX2's up-scaling on ps2 games is pretty sweet! Biggrin
It's almost as if you are playing an XBOX 360 or PS3. Laugh
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
thx for the info I'll look into that. tbh i totally forgot about buying a ups after i got my computer due to having to spend that money on getting my computer fixed by the people who made it, then having to wait 2 months before i got it back. suffice to say i almost went insane from boredom, i really would have if i didn't have any friends to hang out with and have fun.

but to be perfectly honest I'm going to stick to PC games until i get a new computer from dell, alienware(I'm aware they're the same company), or some other high end computer company that's not iBuyPower and a ups and if that computer crashes while using pcsx2 as well it's nothing on my end and you guys will have to look into it instead of assuming it's something on my side.
you really should partition your disks and keep the important data away from the C:
If for whatever reason the need arises only the affected partition is formatted.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-22-2010, 04:08 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: you really should partition your disks and keep the important data away from the C:
If for whatever reason the need arises only the affected partition is formatted.

i did that for awhile but the partition manager i used just made my computer more unstable i removed it today and updated my jmicron driver and now my computer is fine. as for whether it can play pcsx2 again i don't know. but i'll be testing that tomorrow.