myMC issue. Saves on Memory Cards not affected.
'sup.

I'd like to ask for assistance regarding a problem with altering PCSX2 Memory Card saves using myMC.

I can export saves to FFXED, but I can't import them back onto the card. Saves deleted through myMC also still appear on the card, both in the browser and ingame and can still be loaded.
myMC seems to work perfeclty fine (no errors, list updates when saves are imported/deleted), yet it doesn't have any effect on the Memory Cards.

I've read and followed FFXED-Final-Fantasy-X-Save-Editor as well as How-to-use-the-myMC-tool-to-import-export-saves-from-PCSX2.

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

Have you saved the card in mymc? I at least think that you needed to do that.

You can also delete memcard saves using the bios. CDVD -> No Iso, System -> Full Boot
How would I "save a card in myMC"? There's not such option and saving after the import was never mentioned in any guide or google result.

My primary goal is to cheat on Final Fantasy X using FFXED and myMC, not to delete saves.
You don't ned to save in myMC
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Just make sure PCSX2 isn't running while you're in myMC or it might not properly update the card inside PCSX2.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(01-09-2015, 08:16 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Just make sure PCSX2 isn't running while you're in myMC or it might not properly update the card inside PCSX2.

PCSX2 was definitely not running.

// Also tried to eject/insert the card and inserting it in different slots by checking Options=>Multitab 1 in PCSX2. Changes made in myMC just won't apply. ; /
Was not sure about that saving.. I only knew that mymc behaves strangely concerning saving. Either you don't need to or it is somehow hidden. Obviously it was the first one.

Do you have an unusual filepath to your memcard or mymc? maybe some non-unicode signs or some non-writeable forder?
(01-09-2015, 10:10 PM)willkuer Wrote: Do you have an unusual filepath to your memcard or mymc? maybe some non-unicode signs or some non-writeable forder?

Nope. Neither Computer/Documents/PCSX2/memcards nor copying the .ps2 Memory Card files into an new folder on the dektop works.
What happens if you reopen a memcard after you put a save on it with mymc? Is the imported file visible or not?
Oh. When I try to open a memcard.ps2 there's an error. "See logfile..." There's no logfile in my myMC folder...

In myMC, copied files 'stay there / remain on the list'.