myMC issues
I've been trying to convert a PAL save to NTSC-U by using PS2SaveBuilder and myMC. I booted up the NTSC-U version of the game and made a quick save and then I opened both the NTSC-U save and the PAL save in myMC. I exported them both and then opened them in PS2SaveBuilder, where I deleted the save data from the NTSC-U file and replaced it with the PAL save. I renamed the PAL save to the NTSC-U serial and exported that again and dropped it into my memory card with myMC. I check in-game and it acts like I did nothing. The original NTSC-U save is still there. So I removed both PAL and NTSC-U saves from the memory card and tried again. It still acts like it's there. I verified the correct card is inserted by ejecting it and the game sees that there is no longer a card there, but when I go to re-insert the card it still says there's a save from that game in there even though I removed it. So I removed the memory card entirely from the memcard folder and checked myMC again. It says the memory card is still in the memcard folder even though it's not. So apparently myMC is loading like a cached version of the memcard folder and won't update it. Anyone know of anything I can do?

EDIT: Just moved all the memory cards out of the memcard folder and into the root PCSX2 directory and tried to see them in myMC. IT does see them, but it says that the "saves.ps2" card I use for all my saves is still in the memcard folder as well as another folder I used to use but deleted. It saw a copy of the saves.ps2 card in the root directory though, so I opened that and did the replace again, saved it, and moved them all back into the memcard folder. Then I re-opened myMC to check if it worked and now it acts like the saves.ps2 memory card is still in the root directory even though I moved it back into the memcard folder with the rest of them. So it seems like myMC stores a cached location of cards that you mess with using the app. Really weird and it doesn't actually do anything.
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB

Sponsored links

You don't need mymc anymore using latest git release. The FolderMemoryCard system was implemented so that you can use the Windows Explorer to just drag/drop, copy or delete saves. Try to use that instead.
(11-10-2015, 12:39 PM)willkuer Wrote: You don't need mymc anymore using latest git release. The FolderMemoryCard system was implemented so that you can use the Windows Explorer to just drag/drop, copy or delete saves. Try to use that instead.

Oh, ok, I'll try that. Thanks. So the process would just be to rename the PAL save to the NTSC-U serial number and then remove the NTSC-U save from the folder?
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB
I never did that. All games I own share the same region code.

This tutorial seems to be nice. Probably this will help more than my guessing.
(11-10-2015, 02:45 PM)willkuer Wrote: I never did that. All games I own share the same region code.

This tutorial seems to be nice. Probably this will help more than my guessing.

I figured it out. It kind of worked. Its got my progress, but a bunch of things that I picked up in the world already have reappeared but I can't pick them up again since I already have. That will get confusing, but I guess there's nothing I can do about that. PAL it is...