n00b here: I'm getting three errors and no game play
I don't have cards to format. The folder, which should contain them, I'm assuming, is empty. How do I even create them?

Sponsored links

create .txt files and change extensions to .ps2 files

Your pcsx2 bios should detect them and ask if you wanna format
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Did that, and now it's telling me it needs to be configured, but I already did that!

Too much hassle. Followed the guide and everything, just removing this. Thanks for your help.
I was under the impression the cards are created automatically upon saving in any ps2 game. I never had to create them manually.
They are if you create them in a place able to, like if you run as admin and/or move the folder to a location you can write.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
But I always run as admin.

I changed the location of the entire program, but now I'm getting two more problems:

"Please update DirectX!"

"An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred with the message:
The GS plugin failed to open/initialize
Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file."

The thing is, my DirectX IS up to date. The second problem I'm not sure of at all. This happens everytime I try to File->Run CD/DVD.
I'm pretty susre the second problem is a direct result of the first. Therefore are you sure you have the March 2009 revision of DirectX?
It'd have to be, because I built my computer last week, and loaded the latest DirectX then.
If the program says you don't have it,it's not lying...
Use the web updater: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-E...ller.shtml
[Image: newsig.jpg]
OK updated it the DX and it's working

Now I'm getting "CDVD READ ERROR, sector=335353" whenever I try to load a game up.
Fixed it.
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5400 @ 2.7GHz
nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 1GB
4GB DDRII 800MHz RAM