Poll: Do you know of the Namco neGcon??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Know it and love it!
14.29%
1 14.29%
I use/used one on a Sony console.
14.29%
1 14.29%
I use/used one in emulation on PC.
0%
0 0%
Remember it fondly.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Remember it vaguely.
0%
0 0%
I own/owned a white one.
14.29%
1 14.29%
I own/owned a black one.
14.29%
1 14.29%
I hate/hated it.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Never owned one.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Never heard of it.
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

neGcon: fresh inquiry 2020
Hey all. I just dug out my trusty old Namco neGcon steering controller from back in the PS1 days. It's kind of an oddball device, but most people who own one sing its praises loudly. My goal is to use it for PS1/PS2 driving games in emulation (and why not Saturn/Dreamcast, while we're at it?), because it works so well and also because I need more precision than my clumsy thumbs can offer on a typical, short-throw, analog thumbstick. Furthermore, I currently lack a stable mount for my also-trusty Logitech G25 wheel.

To get to the point, what currently available adapter can I buy and use to convert PS1 controllers for PC use under Windows 10, which fully supports neGcon analog signals? I assume from checking the forum that the Lily plugin takes care of the software side?

Sponsored links

To reply partially to my own inquiry, I found this website Raphnet Tech which sells adapters for many types of console gamepads, to connect to USB and to other consoles as well. In fact, the exact interface I need is right here.

Unfortunately, silly laws in the seller's province dictate that he can't even fill mail orders, even though I'm only one time zone away! So sadly, it's more of the waiting game. But at least I know the solution is available. Thanks, everybody.