need abit of help
hey guys ive been asking the the pinned will my computer pcsx2 run fast and couldnt get a clear answer.im looking to build a new pc and running pcsx2 at highish settings is a big factor.
the parts im getting are
i5 7400 @3.00 ghz
gigabyte rx 460 windforce oc 4gb
8gb ram

will this stuff run demanding games such as valkrie profile 2?

also someone in that thread told me that a high single threaded passmark score (2000+) is need to not have any issues.the i5 7400 has a score of 1954 and a i3 6100 gets a score of 2164.so is it better for me to get a i3 6100 for pcsx2? do the 2 or 4 cores not matter? also can you guys tell at what settings those 2 cpus will be able to run valkrie profile 2

Sponsored links

the i5 should be okay, although the more demanding games really need the CPU to be around 4Ghz or more, which of course you can't do with a 7400, but you might be fine if your STP is 1954.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

i know th i5 is better for other things so would the i3 be better in terms of running games on pcsx2 at high settings like 1080p with mxaa? its more budget friendly too
No an i3 would be worse. PCSX2 can take advantage of 3 cores.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

either one should run at 1080 without any issue.
thanks for the quick replies guys ill go with the i5 then
(06-27-2017, 12:30 PM)refraction Wrote: the i5 should be okay, although the more demanding games really need the CPU to be around 4Ghz or more, which of course you can't do with a 7400, but you might be fine if your STP is 1954.

one last thing as you said that more demanding games need higher clock speeds but the i5 has a speed of 3 ghz so would it be able to run valkrie profile 2? i really wanna play it and its one of those demanding games
(06-27-2017, 03:57 PM)deathslasher Wrote: one last thing as you said that more demanding games need higher clock speeds but the i5 has a speed of 3 ghz so would it be able to run valkrie profile 2? i really wanna play it and its one of those demanding games

it shouldn't be a problem at all.
thanks for everything guys
guys i have a bit of a problem i cant get the i5 into my budget so will the i3 7100 be able to run games at 3-4x res? it has a score of 2232