need help with settings (also bugs with few games)
ok, i got some new cofiguration and also i downloaded this new version of emulator so can someone tell me which are best settings i can set?
here is my configuration

amd quad core 2,4 ghz
sapphire radeon 5670 1gb
4 gb ram
windows 7 64 bit

also, earlier i was able to put sse3 plugin and now i cant anything else except sse2. Are there any other sse4 plugins that will work?
and while playing buffy the vampire slayer game freezes so im kinda unable to play that, also when i play destroy all humans there is some strange graphic bug
[Image: unledxh.th.jpg]

here is my settings

[Image: unled2lrl.th.jpg]

[Image: 97172233.th.jpg]

[Image: 66460636.th.jpg]

[Image: 55980957.th.jpg]

[Image: 23876023.th.jpg]

[Image: 50960740.th.jpg]

so is there anything i should change?

Sponsored links

setting both ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing speedhacks to max won't lead you to good results.
try gsdx software mode too (F9)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You should be able use the SSSE3 version of gsdx, depending on what cpu you have SSE4 might not be supported(early Core 2's did not support it). Also the "Enable Fast CDVD" hack is not recommended.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
He has AMD cpuTongue = SSE2, SSE3 and SSE4a BUT PCSX2 works with SSE2, SSSE3 and SSE4.1 Tongue just slight difference in the name, but a light year in work. Meaning Vanzemaljac, you can only use SSE2 in AMD cpu's. Also your quad is used only in half power couse only 2 cores are used for emulation, soo if your previous cpu was some C2D with similar or even higher clock, it was probably faster for PCSX2 than this one.=]
(06-28-2011, 02:11 AM)miseru99 Wrote: He has AMD cpuTongue

Lol, I was sure I saw core 2 Smile.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
That was "amd quad core 2,4ghz" Tongue not "core 2d - 4ghz" Tongue.
And to add to the autor, settings are ok on default for the start, then you experiment with the speedhacks and GSdx plugin settings couse generally every game works differently on emulator. There is no universal setting that will work for every game, but you can easily set GSdx at x2/x3 native with texture filtering and 8 bit textures, couse in your case CPU will be slowing down long before your GPU get's to it's limits. Some games still can get full speed most of the time even without any speedhacks soo try whatever games you have before you gave up. (Well FFX at least would go full speed...Tongue)
ok guys, i tried without ee cylce and vu hack but its better with them on, i also tried direct3d with software and its way worse, not just slower but graphic bugs also, before this cpu i got intel dual core 1,8 ghz
and also i wasnt able to load sse3 which i could earlier, so how can i get it work?

[Image: 35698015.th.jpg]

(06-28-2011, 03:51 AM)vanzemaljac Wrote: i wasnt able to load sse3 which i could earlier, so how can i get it work?

You can't, if my post above was unclear. AMD doesn't have support for SSSE3 nor SSE4.1, it have something similar, but it's not supported in PCSX2/GSdx.

The general problem lies within your CPU, it's very low end for PCSX2, very similar in fact to core2d you had before as intel get's better performance in this emulator.

I don't know the games you're playing, but even if they have "playable" status, it's possible they are playable only in software mode. And that's really not an option for such cpu. Graphical glitches? You should be suprised when a game have noneTongue, not when it has a few, and seriously checking all speedhacks isn't really gonna work like you think. Some of them can cause crashes/freezes or "at least" garbage graphic/glitches, can also give false fps readings.

You're just out of luck here, try different games and leave those for playing on the console or for the future/better pc.
(06-28-2011, 04:26 AM)miseru99 Wrote: You can't, if my post above was unclear. AMD doesn't have support for SSSE3 nor SSE4.1, it have something similar, but it's not supported in PCSX2/GSdx.

The general problem lies within your CPU, it's very low end for PCSX2, very similar in fact to core2d you had before as intel get's better performance in this emulator.

I don't know the games you're playing, but even if they have "playable" status, it's possible they are playable only in software mode. And that's really not an option for such cpu. Graphical glitches? You should be suprised when a game have noneTongue, not when it has a few, and seriously checking all speedhacks isn't really gonna work like you think. Some of them can cause crashes/freezes or "at least" garbage graphic/glitches, can also give false fps readings.

You're just out of luck here, try different games and leave those for playing on the console or for the future/better pc.

dam ill leave it on sse2 then, and what speedhacks should i use then? i need buffy to stop freezing.
Buffy - Chaos Bleeds needs "EE timing hack" gamefix for some flickery hud problems, however I don't remember it freezing.

Do you get any kind of error in the program/consoe log window when you get the problem? What other graphic errors do you get?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64