new in this... my pc is good enough?
hi there ppl, i was reading and reading the forums and rigth now im playing ff12 with a little problems, nothing big, so i wanna know if my pc is good enough for games like ff and square stuff.

specs:

Athlon 7750 kuma 3.2 Ghz oc
4 GB ram
Ati radeon 4550 512mb ddr3 64bit <---yea this sucks xD
windows xp pro 32 bits

i was wondering should i try windows 7?

sorry for my bad engrish, i dont have trouble reading english but i can writing well xD

Sponsored links

Your english is really is actually pretty good. Better than a lot of native speakers I know ^_^

That said, your computer should be good enough for most games at native resolution in the graphics settings. You may get a little slow down in some demanding spots, but nothing that should be unplayable (I can play FF12 pretty good for the most part on my machine).

Switching to windows Vista or windows 7 will net you probably an additional 10-15% speed in most games when using directX10 and will fix graphics glitches in certain games (like the floor in Persona 3 and 4)
[Image: 2748844.png]
thanks for the quick replay and the info, im thinking in a new gcard, maybe a 4650 from ati or 9600 nvidia?...
Radeon HD4650 would be ok, HD4670 or Geforce 9600GT would be better. You'd still get a big boost from using Vista/7.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-05-2009, 10:56 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Radeon HD4650 would be ok, HD4670 or Geforce 9600GT would be better. You'd still get a big boost from using Vista/7.

thanks for the advice, now i only have to change my gcard and enjoy my ff games ^^ i was thinking in selling D: ( i broke my ps2 2-3 years ago xD)
ok i dont want to open a new thread, so im gonna post in my first one, right now i have a 4650 gpu, but i wanna change that, i have two choices... 4670 or 4730 (maybe the 4770 if i can find it more cheap) so which one would u choice ppl???? and why??? ^^

ps engrish ftw xD

o/
If I were you I would go with 4770.....on-par performance with hd 4850.
Although I'm waiting for 5770/5750 myself...
Best bet is to wait another month or two if you can, the price of all 4xxx based ATi cards is going to go down as they are replaced with their 5xxx equivalents.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(10-01-2009, 12:34 AM)Koji Wrote: Best bet is to wait another month or two if you can, the price of all 4xxx based ATi cards is going to go down as they are replaced with their 5xxx equivalents.

well i dont have problem waiting, so i gonna do that, thanks for the reply guys ^^

o/
hey my pcsx2 is asking me to insert a ps2 format disc for god of war 2[ntsc].
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
somebody help.
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz