new to emulators and need help with settings and lag please :)
hey, ok so i recently downloaded the pcsx2 emulator after a few weeks of playing ps1 emulators, i downloaded version 1.2.1 and i know im not the only person who has had this problem with lag in game, not during cinematics but only game play, my fps doesnt go above 20-30. 
ive read a few forums to see if i can fix it myself  but i am completly hopeless with computer specs and everything technical, all the terms of proccesors and graphics cards on every other forum confuses me cos i dont know how good my specs are, so these are my specs, i really hope someone can help me cos me and my friends desperately want to relive our childhood games without buying everything all over again off ebay. 

Windows 8.1

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 
                 2GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 6.94 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor 

I have spent a few days messing around with all the settings i can find changing everything and openeing games and nothing seems to work :Sad
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!! 
its super stressful trying to figure this out with no help im just going round in circles Sad

Sponsored links

what game are you trying to play ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-28-2015, 02:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what game are you trying to play ?

ive been trying god of war 1 and 2 mainly, the first game i tried was timesplitters 2, ive tried simpsons hit and run aswell, they all have to same problem, 55-60 fps in cinematics then anything else is 30 or under. i mainly wanna play god of war though..
I'm afraid your PC is just too weak to play GoW 1 or 2 at a decent speed. it only has a single threaded rating of 886 where we recommend 1600 as a good place to be, see the link below to confirm the rating I mentioned

https://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-6410+APU&id=2266

Unofrtunately APU's are just not cut out for the high demand of PS2 emulation.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

omg thankyou, that makes so much sense! ima bookmark that page, other than buying a whole new computer, i read alot of stuff about overclocking computers on forums to get games working, is that something that i could do from home? or am i just clutching at straws here?
also if you know, are there any games i would be able to play with a good fps?
(08-28-2015, 03:31 PM)Zacalangalo Wrote: omg thankyou, that makes so much sense! ima bookmark that page, other than buying a whole new computer, i read alot of stuff about overclocking computers on forums to get games working, is that something that i could do from home? or am i just clutching at straws here?

Overclocking isn't a good idea with an APU.
better keep playing on your PS2 for now.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
If you can get a copy of Monster Hunter that's quite a fun little 3d hack n slashy thing but pretty light on your system, so that may work well Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-28-2015, 02:45 PM)Zacalangalo Wrote: a A8 is not powerful enough to drive pcsx2. i would recommend if your on a budget. switch to a Pentium G3258 and over clock it. PCSX2 needs single thread preformance
My understanding is that the AMD A8-6410 APU is a laptop chip.