new to pcsx2
hey guys i just found out about emulators, i got an emulator to play Pokemon Platinum ^_^ but i tried downloading a pcsx2 emulator but it won't work good. i wonder if it's my laptop that's the problem or is it something else?Wacko my laptop info is
Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Model: Satellite A505D
Processor: AMD Turion™ II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile m600 2.40GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
if you guys have any tip feel free to reply ^_^
i'm not so good at doing web stuff and computer stuff but i'll try to follow what you guys write Tongue

Sponsored links

If that's the one with Radeon HD 3200 on board, it should run, but any mega slowness is to be expected on it. That gpu is a bit to weak even for native resolution and as it's a laptop you cannot really upgrade it, soo probably better if you just leave it to save yourself some irritatting experiences.

For future if you'll ever be upgrading, maybe check those threads - GPU benchmark and CPU one, it'll give you some basis what hardware is better for pcsx2, through ofc each game have different and doesn't mean you'll have same fps like there.
u can get game but the games will run a bit slow
my ghz is 2.3
His processing speed isnt the main problem (though it will bottleneck him on alot of games). The GPU in that laptop is just too weak.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI Twin FRozr GTX560Ti
MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Intel Z68
yeah only some game bt3 will work fine
so i looked on this cpu-z thing from a youtube video and i used it and i found a GPU it says AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200, i checked out the links you posted but sort of don't get them hehe
i really wanna play ffx again this time with more controls on the game huhu so would you be able to direct me to like places where i need to download the pcsx2 and the rest that is needed to run ps2 games and a place i can get ffx ill download them and see how they run on my comp. ^^ thx in advance <3
a good place to download pcsx2 : http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php
a good place to get FFX : http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-Pl...videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329599053&sr=1-10
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i have the cd so when I try to boot the cd (full) I get this

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
ISO read problem (Bad game rip?)
isoFile open ok: D:\IOPRP234.IMG
Image type = Audio CD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (101 sectors)
(IsoFS) Invalid partition descriptor encountered at block 0x10: ''
File not found.
Path: IsoFileSystem
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)
Closing plugins...
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.

my configs are on default T_T, i'm using 0.9.8
i followed this site on how to do it
*removed*
huhu T_T i did something wrong
yes, you did something wrong. Like following a tutorial that gives you dl links for bioses.

warned & closed for piracy
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go