night in MGS3 is too light in HardWare rendering
Use one of the latest builds - shaders use is implemented and is ativated with PG UP key.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Shaders-for-GSdx

I recommend Colored FXAA for your case,download it, rename file to shader.fx and ut to main emulator directory. Then when ame start, press PG UP key.

Sponsored links

(09-05-2012, 11:33 AM)mroussev Wrote: Use one of the latest builds - shaders use is implemented and is ativated with PG UP key.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Shaders-for-GSdx

I recommend Colored FXAA for your case,download it, rename file to shader.fx and ut to main emulator directory. Then when ame start, press PG UP key.
absolutely no effect = (
i download Colored FXAA - by miseru99, rename to shader.fx , move to pcsx directory and
when i press PgUp
only in console message "GSdx: Post-processing shader is now enabled"
No effect or you dont like the effect? If you use only shader your picture is very dark already so yes,the result will bi very minmal. I said to use both- shader and color adjustment. Sorry havent play this game on emu yet,cannot suggest exact values...
Try to boost brightness,lower the contrast (70-80% br, 30-35% contr )through color adustment in GSDX and then use the shader.
(09-05-2012, 12:57 PM)mroussev Wrote: No effect or you dont like the effect?
no effects.
no change at all. maybe I did something wrong?

(09-05-2012, 12:57 PM)mroussev Wrote: Try to boost brightness,lower the contrast (70-80% br, 30-35% contr )through color adustment in GSDX and then use the shader.
for this config picture too light
[Image: l26hrqEw.png]
If you see the log, there are errors with shader.fx so it didn't compile. Your shader level seems to be incompatible with what the shader.fx uses. It would need some tests for shader level and whatnots.

Also, I don't think an external shader can be a replacement for the missing post processing of the game. Mostly cuz the game might change the post processing when changing levels/scenes/whenever while the shader is just that... always. =S
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]