no debug?
just noticed the debug tab is not on new pcsx2..no memory dumping? Also its crashing every time it trys to load the video screen,dnno if my vid card is too slow for new version or what,i tried every graphics plugin listed,and even imported the old ones in from other pcsx2..

Sponsored links

I posted a similar thread about the debugger not working on pcsx2 pg and krakatos said that the debugger is a left over, so i guess they just removed it on pcsx2 0.9.6.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2889.html
dam ,the memory dumper is all i used pcsx2 for lol
The debugger is not a stable entity in Pcsx2 so we removed it from the Official Release. Additionally, some logging options the debugger more or less depended on are also not present in Release, which gives the build a couple more FPS in many games. The debugger is present in DevBuilds and Debug Builds however, and I am in the process of improving these days.

I will post a .7zip of a stable DevBuild SVN on our Googlecode downloads page soon. I still have some work to do before the debugger is functioning correctly though (and I haven't even tested the memory dump yet).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
That's for windows, incidentally. The debugger in Linux was disabled even in devbuilds recently because I discovered that it was out of date enough that it segfaults the moment you open it. Rewriting it based on the (unstable) windows version is on my to do list at some point.

And the memory dump was never ported to Linux...
windows version of last build's memory dumper worked great
(03-02-2009, 06:57 AM)Air Wrote: The debugger is not a stable entity in Pcsx2 so we removed it from the Official Release. Additionally, some logging options the debugger more or less depended on are also not present in Release, which gives the build a couple more FPS in many games. The debugger is present in DevBuilds and Debug Builds however, and I am in the process of improving these days.

I will post a .7zip of a stable DevBuild SVN on our Googlecode downloads page soon. I still have some work to do before the debugger is functioning correctly though (and I haven't even tested the memory dump yet).

How much longer to wait?
the last I have with the debugger is svn377.
(03-17-2009, 01:04 PM)kevstah2004 Wrote:
(03-02-2009, 06:57 AM)Air Wrote: I will post a .7zip of a stable DevBuild SVN on our Googlecode downloads page soon. I still have some work to do before the debugger is functioning correctly though (and I haven't even tested the memory dump yet).

How much longer to wait?

Extra for you I'll make sure it takes at least another month Smile
(03-17-2009, 01:15 PM)rama Wrote:
(03-17-2009, 01:04 PM)kevstah2004 Wrote:
(03-02-2009, 06:57 AM)Air Wrote: I will post a .7zip of a stable DevBuild SVN on our Googlecode downloads page soon. I still have some work to do before the debugger is functioning correctly though (and I haven't even tested the memory dump yet).

How much longer to wait?

Extra for you I'll make sure it takes at least another month Smile

Well I waited another month an still no progress of getting the memory dump feature re-implemented in a devbuild? what's so hard about dumping the memory anyway doesn't it just take a snapshot of the current memory in use? how does adding this feature create compatibility issues is it a problem where the emulator can't return to it's current state after the game is frozen to dump the memory Unsure
PC Specs
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz
Memory: 768MB DDR2
GPU: SiS 650
SPU: Philips PSC605
well you just have to compile the devbuild yourself Smile (they're not gonna offer a debug or devbuild version of pcsx2 Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja